Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Custom user events / interpretation
RE: Custom user events / interpretation
pholynyk, I do not see the preference option you are referencing that toggles allowduplicates?
Post Reply Post Reply
You are right! It used to be there, and in fact it still is in the code. But at some time in the past it was set to invisible! It was already invisible in SleepyHead v0.9.8 which was about 7 years ago...

As I mentioned, it does seem that not having duplicated counts is most useful... so I guess it's moot
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks again Pholynyk, for taking the time to explain this. You made it totally clear for me.
Custom user events create the opportunity to interpret my sleep data on a more profound level.
Really glad with it!
Post Reply Post Reply
This makes more sense now that I know how its programmed. I was trying to think about how to better word the explanation in OSCAR so it is more intuitive, this is the best I could come up with.

Custom flagging allows users to flag events that are not scored by the machine. These events are not included in AHI. User events are flagged if the flow rate drops to X% (Flow Restriction) of recent flow rate for more than Y seconds (Event Duration). Events can only be flagged once, machine events are flagged first followed by user flag #1 events and then user flag #2 events.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 44 1,334 04-17-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Data interpretation - Luna G3 Big Ultima Energy 3 86 04-14-2024, 06:27 PM
Last Post: johnathanb76
  Oscar Data Interpretation UPDATED Johand77 1 112 04-10-2024, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR data interpretation Johand77 8 195 04-10-2024, 02:45 PM
Last Post: Johand77
  Are any of these events real? BigWing 6 194 04-09-2024, 02:40 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  [Treatment] Most events are Central Apnea / Clear Airway joeblough 7 215 04-08-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: joeblough
  Excessive Events jerrydaw 1 113 04-06-2024, 11:20 AM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.