Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Customize Export Data from Oscar?
Customize Export Data from Oscar?
Hi all

(Loving OSCAR and all the excellent information and help on this forum.)

I want to use the Export data to csv more extensively.

However, the column layout does not suit what I would like to look at.

Is there a way I can customize

a) which columns get exported and which don't, or
b) the order in which they get exported?

If not, can anyone point me to a script/macro/batch file for xls or xlsx that will help me rearrange the columns I need to look at?

Thanks in advance!

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Customize Export Data from Oscar?
Excel scripts are easy. You would start by recording a script while you manually make the changes that you desire, then fine tune the results then run the scripts to perform the same thing the next time you need to.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi

I've been looking a this -too

And so far have foregone writing a VB script...
But what are you looking for?
- Determine which columns to ignore (delete)
- Change order of Columns

I assume other things too; let me know if there are other topics you can think of
No promises, but I enjoy some scripting :-)

@ Bonjour
Is the OSCAR output consistent Machine / OS?
Post Reply Post Reply
The output is platform-neutral.

Also, the next version (1.1.1) will have a few extra columns to handle the pressure adjustments on Philips Respironics machines (which are sometimes reported in place of pressure measurements).
Post Reply Post Reply
@ Bonjour, thanks!

Guess I have to take my Excel to the next level.
VBA and macros.

@RPDM

Yes, atm I have my data in 3 different spreadsheets. One for basic data, one for each and every event, one looking at Flow limitations vs Leak Rates etc.

I want to take the csv data from OSCAR, and import this into one new spreadsheet, looking at all the various variables to see if I can make more sense of this.

I will need to take the csv data and delete/hide/rearrange the columns to suit my end result.

Looks like this can easily be done: just need to find time to spend with Excel. Just another little project.
Post Reply Post Reply
My last scripting with Excel was about 4 years ago (the version date of my last 'big' project is May 11 2016 :-))

Need to gather some of the basic functions i build back then, to get started.
As said, fun little project

I'm really looking to see if I can find some patterns in the data; good days / bad days in the week, like weekends better than week days; high work stress days etc.
Post Reply Post Reply
Send me a PM if you want to ty the little excel VBA script
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Richard that sounds more advanced than what I am doing. I should be able to create a VBA Macro to help me import my data into my own spreadsheet might tackle that on the weekend.
Post Reply Post Reply
You have probably solved your quest by now BUT in case you have not.
My scheme is very simplistic. I export all the data into a worksheet called database, then I open another worksheet (which I called refined) which by formula related to database replicates the columns I want, converts the hours,min,sec to decimal hours for calculating the indexes. subsequent worksheets focus on graphs or monthly summaries as desired. each referring by formula to the refined worksheet thereby keeping all data traceable. I like this because it is simple mostly "dragged" copy of the previous lines after export.
I also like the ability to create a new worksheet, realign columns, and use logical functions to identify potential questions of interest such as what is my apnea data on nights I sleep less than 6.5 hours--insert a column, put6.5 in row 1 and the formula is sleep time < row 1 answer is false the result is 0 if the answer is true result is 1. you can sort on the results to gather the info you wish to examine. There are many variants that can keep you busy looking for the most unlikely useful discovery.
I have separately posted a question regarding the export of pulse ox data from Oscar.
Post Reply Post Reply
I thought i sent you a draft of my excel import, with ability to select and sort columns

what / is a but crude, since it asks you to select the columns each time you import; did not get around to creating the master data yet
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 72 6 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Trouble importing data to Oscar bubbafoxus 2 86 03-22-2024, 05:40 PM
Last Post: bubbafoxus
  OSCAR Profiles and Combining Different Brand CPAP Data StratCat48 2 48 03-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Where Oscar put the data file? Rosacer24 0 58 03-22-2024, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Rosacer24
  There's 1.5 years of data in my OSCAR, but now there's a problem Snackers 8 217 03-19-2024, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Snackers
  OSCAR v1.5.2- error code 5, unable to write to data directory sleepynotion 2 106 03-18-2024, 12:09 PM
Last Post: sleepynotion
  OSCAR data backup strategy matt2 2 95 03-18-2024, 10:32 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.