Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help with New Cpap user
RE: Help with New Cpap user
Cotaka Wrote:I have another image - it won't let me post yet but I can include the link in this post.

I was having the same issue, I was highlighting the address and copying it, which used to work when using the image button. Crimson Nape solved it for me. 
Go to the image.  Right-click on it and select the "Copy Image Location" option.
Post Reply Post Reply
Another Chart by Cotaka:

[Image: J5xQ8a4.png]

Note, Here is the code I used:
Code:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/J5xQ8a4.png[/img]
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You have a mix of Obstructive and Central/ Clear Airway events. I suggest that you turn off EPR and see what happens to the CA.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for your suggestions.
I will turn EPR off and see how that goes for a few days.

Also I am considering ajack's suggestion of having the range between 12-13. I can slowly increase the 11.6 upwards to see how I tolerate higher pressure now since I have gotten comfortable with CPAP. Are you thinking that a tighter range will help lower the OA? Perhaps because the machine keeps the pressure higher and doesn't have to work its way up from 7 to 11.6 or 13?
Post Reply Post Reply
I see a 2 step process, 1st lower the CA, at first by eliminating the EPR.  I would say ok for now to go to 11-11.6 as you seem to be spending most of your time there anyway.  I would wait on raising pressure until we see what happens when EPR is turned off.
2nd step.  Once that is done look at reducing the OA.  

Frequently when we see a mix of OA and CA events the end titration is at a fixed pressure say 11-11 in auto mode without EPR.  We won't know until we get there.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the explanation. A 2 step process makes sense.
EPR off and I will report back with chart on how it goes in a few days.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Cotaka,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I wish you good luck with CPAP therapy and with getting it adjusted to meet your needs.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 20 371 8 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  Newer CPAP User, still snoring Warnick13 45 1,473 03-11-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Warnick13
  [Pressure] New CPAP user - Please help interpreting graphs fsdx2004 40 2,036 03-07-2024, 08:01 AM
Last Post: fsdx2004
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,013 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question [Symptoms] New CPAP User, Started Snoring Again heyou 30 1,591 03-02-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: heyou
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 297 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  Long time CPAP user, first time here. Any insight is appreciated! TwoFistedWonderBrain 7 615 02-06-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.