Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DATA cable
DATA cable
Just received my Resmed S9 VPAP Auto and find that I need a data cable to connect to my computer in order to change settings. It came with a RESMED wireless device but that appears to be for something else. there are four different data cable listed for SP and VPAP devices. Does anyone know which cable and where I can get it from?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DATA cable
You can change the settings by accessing the clinician's menu. No data cable is required, nor is it commonly used. You can find instructions at http://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-s9-cpap-setup

If you would like to use software (ResScan or Sleepyhead) go to http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual . You can use an SD card to transfer your data to your computer.
Post Reply Post Reply
Also, you might S9 VPAP welcome guide of some help
http://www.resmed.com/us/assets/document...er_eng.pdf

Post Reply Post Reply
I though that you could change all of the setting through the RESCAN software. I think that the only way to do that is to use a cable such as one of the ones referenced on the RESMED website. Has anyone done this?
Post Reply Post Reply
You can use ResScan to change your settings, either through the data cable or by putting the new settings on your data card. It's easier to use the clinician's menu.
Post Reply Post Reply
Most, if not all, ResMed settings can be changed through the pushbuttons, or by putting the SD card in your computer, and running ResScan. I'm not aware of any therapy settings on S9 or PRS1 machines that require a data cable instead of pushbuttons or SD card. Is anyone else?

There MIGHT be some settings you can change only by cable, but none of the important ones. It might also require "special" software only available to "technicians." This would probalby be things like updating the software in the CPAP machine. I suspect such software is really hard to get hold of.

Philips Respironics machines require you to have restricted software and a special adapter cable to set the $*@#&$ clock, for God's sake!

Even on PR machines, you can do all the settings most doctors or DMEs need entirely through the pushbuttons or SD card.

I think there's at least one other small manufacturer who requires software to change the settings, but I don't remember whether that has to be through a cable or SD card.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
I would only add that on a PRS1 machine it's better, I think, to make the changes using the buttons on the machine. If you, or your provider, makes the changes on the data card, they will forever after take precedence over changes you want to make using the buttons. For example, if the pressure is set to 10 cm on the data card, and you decide later that you'd like to raise it to 11 cm by pushing the buttons, the data on the card will reverse that and set the pressure back to 10 cm.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirSense 10. Power cable broke on air tube connecting ring. Ruhtra 1 405 11-18-2023, 02:29 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Which cable for portable power supply? AndyJay2023 1 658 07-21-2023, 03:34 AM
Last Post: HappySailor
  Doctor says perfect data, but extremely tired - OSCAR Data Auzzyrocks 13 2,651 12-04-2022, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Lucid
Question [Pressure] Doctor can't see detailed data - Can my OSCAR data save me from another sleep study? KidCharlamagne 5 896 09-28-2022, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  G3 Luna SpO2 Cable fatdaddyrob 0 503 08-15-2022, 08:35 AM
Last Post: fatdaddyrob
  [CPAP] Data showing clear airway apneas: central apnea or soft palate collapse? Data inc. JamesD0079 0 798 03-21-2022, 07:50 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  Devilbiss 12 volt power cable Cuppa 1 880 09-24-2021, 12:29 AM
Last Post: Cuppa

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.