Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME
DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME
It's here again -- most parts of the United States will spring forward one hour.  For those wanting to maintain consistent medical records, you may wish to adjust your clocks forward one hour before bedtime. 

And, remember, you might be more tired as your body acclimates to this political insult to our intelligence, so take it a little easier.

On Sunday, March 11, 2018, most Americans will set their clocks forward an hour at 2:00 a.m.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME
I'll grudgingly change all clocks in the house except the one on my ASV. I personally think DST has wore out its welcome, even more now as it may contribute to illness-related fatigue from my COPD.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
..I made three attempts at trying to respond to this thread and finally gave up! Unsure

Just imagine what our working/schooling conditions would be like if we only had one time zone like China! Perturbed
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-11-2018, 12:38 AM)PollCat Wrote: Just imagine what our working/schooling conditions would be like if we only had one time zone like China! Perturbed

It would be really cool.  I wish the whole world would give up on "time zones" and just switch all time standards over to GMT and leave it.

Far, far better systems, especially when working with folks spread out geographically.

OMMOHY
There.  I said it.

OMMOHY
Contrarian in Residence  
Post Reply Post Reply
Doing away with time zones is OK by me. IMO, it lessens the chances I'll be on time. I was born late, and I've never caught up since.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-11-2018, 06:01 AM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote:
(03-11-2018, 12:38 AM)PollCat Wrote: Just imagine what our working/schooling conditions would be like if we only had one time zone like China! Perturbed

It would be really cool.  I wish the whole world would give up on "time zones" and just switch all time standards over to GMT and leave it.

Far, far better systems, especially when working with folks spread out geographically.

OMMOHY

Dancing Dancing Your age is showing ... it is now called Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) which is now the primary time standard. And it would eliminate the problem with computer logs using local time with DST options.

Just saying.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW if it does away with daylight savings time (DST) I'll probably love it. This is the worst sleep I didn't get in about a month.

lots-o-coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
UTC - Universal Time Coordinated

Must be a French thing. They can't figure out were the words are placed.

I once had a French flight instructor. I don't know what she was saying but she sure sounded good saying it. Wink

foss

PS. I sure wish the the folks that set the time zones would pick a rut and stay in it.
Sleep is worth the effort.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-11-2018, 07:31 AM)foss Wrote: UTC - Universal Time Coordinated

Must be a French thing. They can't figure out were the words are placed.

I once had a French flight instructor. I don't know what she was saying but she sure sounded good saying it. Wink

Nonosign  Pardon my French, but actually...
Quote:Coordinated Universal Time a été abrégé en UTC, au lieu de CUT correspondant au sigle en anglais ou de TUC correspondant au sigle en français. En effet, si les experts de l’Union internationale des télécommunications étaient d’accord pour définir une abréviation commune à toutes les langues, ils étaient divisés sur le choix de la langue. Finalement, c’est le compromis UTC, nécessitant un effort des deux parties, qui fut choisi.

or in other words...

https://www.nist.gov/pml/time-and-freque...ns-faq#cut

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coordinate...#Etymology
Post Reply Post Reply
(BTW - - Its "Daylight Saving Time" not "Savings" Time. Kind of a tongue twister saying it correctly.)

I agree that the annual switch "forward" is the worst night of the year (more like a week for me to adjust). It's odd, but traveling one time zone forward (Central to Eastern for example) does not seem to be as disruptive to me for as the annual time change. Must be that actually moving into another time zone also changes the "sun" time so it is more easily to adapt too. Now for me, going west kills me, even a two hour switch between Central and Western ruins my whole week. Going to Hawaii (five time zone change) has always been a sleep killer. I do not nap (makes me sick actually) so the only thing I can do is ride it out. I am usually back in sync about time to return home. But, I love visiting Hawaii; wish I could afford to go more often. It is worth waking up at 2AM every morning LOL.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 0 92 03-13-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: cathyf
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 549 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 228 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 144 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95
  Having a terrible time--please help with OSCAR Montacute 25 756 03-06-2024, 10:27 AM
Last Post: sarahsleeps
  Hard time to find the right mask labrat 42 2,174 02-14-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Pressure Variation with Time Heaviside 2 176 02-11-2024, 02:41 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.