Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME
RE: DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME
(03-11-2018, 10:13 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Hey that's good news for me then. Although I've got heart and BP issues, I'm in no hurry to get anywhere, well typically that's true anyway. I've got one exception: when I'm in the left lane on the interstate and slow Joe is in front of me...

Coffee

Hunh? You must be snow-birding in Florida. That's where slow Joe spends all his time: inside lane, 48 to 52 MPH. Speeds up to 52 for about 30 seconds, then gradually back down to 48; minute and a half later, "zooms" up to 51... 52. Hammer
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe it's his cousin in PA then. And he didn't spring forward, he believes he's got another hour to get there.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dielaughing
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-11-2018, 02:33 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: If I had to choose, I would elect for DST throughout the year...

Perfect.

GMT, Zulu, Coordinated Universal Time, Military Time, UTC.... Zounds!

Standard Time, Daylight Saving Time - pshaw!
I'm so old that when I was born, it was called "War Time."  Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
Hy Mezzanine. 

"War Time?" 

I have always advocated for the U.S. military to ignore Zulu Time ( 0° longitude prime meridian in Greenwich, England) and replace it with SAC Time based on the time at Offutt Air Force Base near Omaha, Nebraska -- the home of SAC and now its successor the United States Strategic Command (USSTRATCOM) where "failure is not an option" and "to err is human, to forgive divine" is not part of the SAC operational manual -- and where "Peace Is Our Profession."
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-12-2018, 12:46 AM)srlevine1 Wrote: Hy Mezzanine. 

"War Time?" 

During World War II, Congress enacted the War Time Act. Year-round DST was reinstated in the United States on February 9, 1942, as a wartime measure to conserve energy resources. This remained in effect until after the end of the War. An Amendment to the War Time Act enacted September 25, 1945, ended DST as of September 30, 1945. During this period, the official designation War Time was used for year-round DST. For example, Eastern War Time (EWT) would be the equivalent of today's Eastern Daylight Time during that period.

(...and just a thought. I found it funny that from enactment of that amendment by Congress, it only took five days to put into effect! Probably would take months/years to effect something today?!)   Unsure 

(03-12-2018, 12:46 AM)srlevine1 Wrote: I have always advocated for the U.S. military to ignore Zulu Time ( 0° longitude prime meridian in Greenwich, England) and replace it with SAC Time based on the time at Offutt Air Force Base near Omaha, Nebraska -- the home of SAC and now its successor the United States Strategic Command (USSTRATCOM) where "failure is not an option" and "to err is human, to forgive divine" is not part of the SAC operational manual -- and where "Peace Is Our Profession."

Love the concept! Sure would put Omaha on the forefront vice Greenwich?!
Post Reply Post Reply
I opt for DST throughout the year.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 81 1,622 9 hours ago
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Inspiration and Expiration Time MrIvanDrago 18 1,123 04-22-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: jake79
  My insp time is always longer than my exp time...is that bad? jake79 2 101 04-22-2024, 12:15 PM
Last Post: jake79
  myAir when sleep time is 4am to 4pm the next day iknownothing 1 92 04-22-2024, 12:31 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] CPAP works, but at the same time doesn't AUniqueUsername 12 311 04-20-2024, 05:26 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Is there a way to change the Resmed 10 time from Miliary Time? johnathanb76 9 179 04-20-2024, 07:01 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar 1.4.0 software time change keithy62 2 149 04-12-2024, 05:14 AM
Last Post: keithy62

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.