Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME
Question 
DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME
Hey guys,

It seems daylight savings time is upon us (March 12, 2017 @ 2:00 a.m.) where we "spring ahead" and set our clocks one hour ahead -- losing one hour of sleep.

So what do you do with your CPAP machine's time setting? And, do you change your sleep habits to compensate?
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME
I think my Resmed Airsense 10 Auto had a "daylight savings time" option that I selected when setting up the time zone etc.  Shouldn't it automatically switch over?

As to what to do, I go to sleep one hour earlier!  Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm going to have to check that!

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
And what about Sleepyhead?

Whenever I'm faced with the checkbox for Daylight Savings, i never know if I'm supposed to check it or not, because I can never remember which part of the year counts for it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-10-2017, 06:48 PM)Hydrangea Wrote: And what about Sleepyhead?

Whenever I'm faced with the checkbox for Daylight Savings, i never know if I'm supposed to check it or not, because I can never remember which part of the year counts for it.

That I am not sure of Hydrangea.  Since I am only just getting to know this wonderful piece of software called Sleepyhead.  Hopefully someone more experienced than I can answer for you.  

But in the Resmed machine it did ask what time zone I am in, so if Sleepyhead does the same I would assume it would account for it correctly.
Post Reply Post Reply
Marillion, I would dearly like to know the Model Number [REF] ????? of your Autoset; mine is 37028, and it definitely does not ask for my time zone. I suspect ResMed has been changing the Model numbers and leaving the name the same, thus sowing confusion and avoiding upgrading older models. My serial number starts with 2214.... - which means it was made in Australia (IIRC) in 2014 - one of the early ones. Mine was also for the Canadian market, obviously.

Perhaps I should get PollCat to create a poll for me Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-10-2017, 06:48 PM)Hydrangea Wrote: And what about Sleepyhead?

Chances are the computer you use has DST settings, and Sleepyhead gets its time from the computer. You can off-set hours in SH settings, especially if you have a Philips Respironics machine that does not have a settable clock.  Personally I have better things to deal with.  My Aircurve 10 has the DST setting built in, and my computers change the time without a thought.  Even the GPS in the car is good to go, but that clock needs a little encouragement to show the right time.  My biggest challenge is to change the motorcycle clock back to DST. 

The good news is Happy Hour comes earlier!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-10-2017, 07:14 PM)pholynyk Wrote: Marillion, I would dearly like to know the Model Number [REF] ????? of your Autoset; mine is 37028, and it definitely does not ask for my time zone. I suspect ResMed has been changing the Model numbers and leaving the name the same, thus sowing confusion and avoiding upgrading older models. My serial number starts with 2214.... - which means it was made in Australia (IIRC) in 2014 - one of the early ones. Mine was also for the Canadian market, obviously.

Perhaps I should get PollCat to create a poll for me Smile

I will reply tonight when I get home pholynyk.  Stay tuned!
Post Reply Post Reply
I recall changing my time on my machine back at one point and it wouldn't allow me to. I then had to trick it by going ahead 23 hours then making sure I was still in the proper day.
Post Reply Post Reply
It doesn't matter to me if the times are off by an hour. I really don't pay that much attention to the start and end times now. It's the length of time that I look at and that won't change. We'll all know when we look at our data on Sunday.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 205 Yesterday, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,431 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 616 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 244 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 171 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95
  Having a terrible time--please help with OSCAR Montacute 25 802 03-06-2024, 10:27 AM
Last Post: sarahsleeps
  Hard time to find the right mask labrat 42 2,216 02-14-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: labrat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.