Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME
RE: DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME
(03-10-2017, 07:17 PM)Sleeprider Wrote:
(03-10-2017, 06:48 PM)Hydrangea Wrote: And what about Sleepyhead?

Whenever I'm faced with the checkbox for Daylight Savings, i never know if I'm supposed to check it or not, because I can never remember which part of the year counts for it.

Chances are the computer you use has DST settings, and Sleepyhead gets its time from the computer. You can off-set hours in SH settings, especially if you have a Philips Respironics machine that does not have a settable clock. 
The good news is Happy Hour comes earlier!

Oh, yes, I forgot that. I dealt with that with my recent move, trying to get it all in the same time zone. I had neglected to consider the computer's clock.

It matters to me because sometimes I sleep quite late in the morning, and I don't want to miss the 12 o'clock cut-off for data to be put on a different day.

Any hour is good for happy hour, in my book!
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-10-2017, 07:14 PM)pholynyk Wrote: Marillion, I would dearly like to know the Model Number [REF] ????? of your Autoset; mine is 37028, and it definitely does not ask for my time zone. I suspect ResMed has been changing the Model numbers and leaving the name the same, thus sowing confusion and avoiding upgrading older models. My serial number starts with 2214.... - which means it was made in Australia (IIRC) in 2014 - one of the early ones. Mine was also for the Canadian market, obviously.

Perhaps I should get PollCat to create a poll for me Smile

Okay...

Model# REF 37030
Serial# starts with 2216....

Hopefully that helps!

Best regards.
Post Reply Post Reply
This question has never crossed my mind.....

I just go to bed and get up at whatever times I need to, as long as I get my minimum hours for compliance it doesn't matter what time the clock says I went to bed (actually I get close to double most nights)

So for most people, would it really matter if the clock in the CPAP is off by an hour for part of the year?

Though I suspect most modern machines would automatically change the internal clock setting themselves as required.
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:So for most people, would it really matter if the clock in the CPAP is off by an hour for part of the year?

Probably doesn't make a great difference for most of us. However if people experience disruptions through the night it would certainly be helpful to have accurate time information.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-11-2017, 05:49 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote:
Quote:So for most people, would it really matter if the clock in the CPAP is off by an hour for part of the year?

Probably doesn't make a great difference for most of us. However if people experience disruptions through the night it would certainly be helpful to have accurate time information.

That is a good point DB..... 

I guess I'm fortunate that the few problems I've had have been with getting the mask adjusted correctly, and heat/humidity settings, no real problems with events specific to the efficacy of the CPAP treatment.  Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-10-2017, 04:18 PM)srlevine1 Wrote: Hey guys,

It seems daylight savings time is upon us (March 12, 2017 @ 2:00 a.m.) where we "spring ahead" and set our clocks one hour ahead -- losing one hour of sleep.

So what do you do with your CPAP machine's time setting? And, do you change your sleep habits to compensate?
I read my manual and the clinician manual and all it said about time was "set the time to the local time" -- nothing about daylight savings time.

Therefore, I am running an experiment on my ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet.

At 9:00 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time) I set my clock one-hour ahead.

I plan to check after 2:00 a.m to see if the time remains the same and is correct or ResMed changed the time up by one hour. Even if ResMed used their push capability to change the time, it will be correct.

More on the follow-up.

BTW, the reason I care is because I am a data wonk and I want my data to be as clean and correct as I can get it. Just habit after many years as the Chief Technologist/security officer at a financial services firm where our logging needed to show both UTC and local time thus allowing us to do forensic searches without compromising the integrity of the date.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
Wink 
I hear you!
Post Reply Post Reply
It appears that my ResMed unit required me to set the correct local time. At 2:05 a.m. PST (3/12/17), the time on my unit was 2:05 a.m. and my atomic clocks and computer were reset correctly to 3:05 a.m. DST
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
So after checking the time on my machine the following day after daylight savings time change.  The clock on my machine did NOT account for the time change.  I had to change it manually myself. Ah well....one more clock to change in the house.
Post Reply Post Reply
My DreamStation, which has no modem and has Bluetooth permanently off, did not change itself. But it was an easy enough change for me to do
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 206 Yesterday, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,431 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 616 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 244 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 171 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95
  Having a terrible time--please help with OSCAR Montacute 25 804 03-06-2024, 10:27 AM
Last Post: sarahsleeps
  Hard time to find the right mask labrat 42 2,216 02-14-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: labrat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.