Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DC Connectors for Resmed Air Sense 10 Autoset
DC Connectors for Resmed Air Sense 10 Autoset
Hello All. Does anyone have a part number for the DC connector on a Resmed Air Sense 10 Autoset CPAP machine? I have 2 machines that I want to be able to run during extended power outages. They are currently connected to a 1500 watt computer UPS system which is dandy for handling voltage surges and short outages but won't run the machines for an extended period.

I have searched through the forum but not found any mention of the actual plug or even a patch cord. I have found some patch cords, but they appear to be quite pricey. I don't want to go with a 12 to 24 volt DC converter or a 12 to 120 volt AC converter due to inefficiency and losses. I will have to use 2 batteries in series for the 2 CPAPS.

I do not really want to cut the plugs off and install Anderson power pole connectors because the machines are new and still under warranty, but it seems that might be the only way to go!
Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

Hugh
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DC Connectors for Resmed Air Sense 10 Autoset
You will need a 12/24v to 24v power converter to run the Resmed.  I use a KFD brand I purchased from Amazon for $35 about 3 years ago.  My setup uses a 12 volt battery with a battery tender and this power supply to run  my CPAP full time.  If I ever experience a power outage, I never know it.

Here is the link to the power supply that will work with the A10 series: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RQP7G14?psc=1
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-13-2021, 03:58 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: You will need a 12/24v to 24v power converter to run the Resmed.  I use a KFD brand I purchased from Amazon for $35 about 3 years ago.  My setup uses a 12 volt battery with a battery tender and this power supply to run  my CPAP full time.  If I ever experience a power outage, I never know it.

Here is the link to the power supply that will work with the A10 series:

Hi and thanks for the comeback! That will run 1 CPAP but I will be running 2 cpaps ! I would either need 2 converters or 1 large converter with 2 plugs. It is the extra plug I'm looking for.

Hugh
Post Reply Post Reply
I understand that there are three connections. The third is 3.3 volts, which I suspect is a "power good" signal.

The easiest and cheapest way to get the plug might be to get a power supply and cut the cord off it.
Post Reply Post Reply
RNeil - Your description sounds like the Resmed S9 plug. The A10 series uses a barrel connector, as used in several laptop computers.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I could not quickly find the thread that had the Resmed S10 pinout. So I examined the power supply from my Resmed S10 Airsense Autoset (Resmed part #370001).

The end is a cylinder 7.45 mm outside diameter, 5 mm inside diameter and 12.7 mm long. I measured 24 volts on the inside surface with respect to the outside surface. There is also a small pin in the middle of the cylinder. I measured 3.3 volts on the pin with respect to the outside surface.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 29 528 1 hour ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  please help me make sense of my central apneas p4ncaketim 27 608 Yesterday, 04:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 125 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  ResMed S9 AutoSet and OSCAR - Help Appreciated Slippy 12 488 03-16-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Slippy
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,354 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  ResMed Airsense 10 AutoSet and Oscar Bucktilley 4 218 03-05-2024, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Bucktilley
  Can someone help me make sense of my Therapy Numbers? kc90 6 359 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: kc90

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.