Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DC Converter for use with Dreamstation Auto BiPAP
DC Converter for use with Dreamstation Auto BiPAP
Happy Thursday,

New to this Forum but not to BiPAP and OSA.  Diagnosed in 1998 and getting ready for my 4th BiPAP this Monday.  A Dreamstation Auto BiPAP.  

Have been using my BiPAP on long car trips when I want to recline and relax after driving for a couple hrs.  Put it on and usually fall asleep with it working away.  I have a DC Converter that I bought back in 1998 which allows me to use the power pack that came with the original machine by plugging it into the DC Converter and the DC Converter into my cigarette lighter.  Just wondering if I can use this same converter on my new Dreamstation when I am in the car?

Thanks for your replies in advance.  And also thanks to those of you who are admins and all that have put this great site together.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DC Converter for use with Dreamstation Auto BiPAP
All Philips Dreamstation machines run on 12-volt power, and the converter you used on a M-Series or System One machine will still work for Dreamstation.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great to hear that I don't have to buy a new DC Converter.  Thanks much for the quick reply.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi BiPAPman,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck as you continue CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, that is one thing I miss about the old machine I used, I could plug it into 12Vdc.
It did use rather a lot, but if the engine was running it made no difference.
The only thing was watching the polarity was the right way round.

Welcome to the forum Hi BiPAPman.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-08-2017, 09:42 AM)Sleep2Snore Wrote: Yes, that is one thing I miss about the old machine I used, I could plug it into 12Vdc.
It did use rather a lot, but if the engine was running it made no difference.
The only thing was watching the polarity was the right way round.

Welcome to the forum Hi BiPAPman.

Love my old dc.  Been to more than a few long trips in the years since I got it.  Been through now 4 machines and never gave me a problem and kept me alert after a quick nap on the trip.  Like you never had a problem as long as the engine was running.  When it was off I was usually out of the car getting some food or a BR break.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 202 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  CPAP to BiPAP... Korndog 22 1,152 02-19-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Korndog
  candidate for bipap??? eok361 6 440 02-17-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: eok361
  My inspiratory time is higher than expiratory on Auto S Bipap Stubert 3 368 02-01-2024, 09:27 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Help with bipap settings airwaystent 25 1,553 01-29-2024, 08:38 AM
Last Post: airwaystent
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 561 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  bipap Innisfree 2 415 12-12-2023, 07:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.