Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DC power for CPAP
RE: DC power for CPAP
(06-23-2014, 05:42 PM)DennyCraneEsq Wrote: I hope that this is not off-topic for this chain, but I am considering the HDM Z1, and wonder: What is the operating voltage of the unit? (Or, what is the voltage of the optional battery?). It seems that one could buy something like the Allpowers 23000mAh solar device sold on line, and power the Z1 for a lot less money than their $400 battery. (It occurs to me that 23000 mAH may be at 5V, in which case if operating voltage is say 15V, I only get 7.66 hours to discharge).

Thanks.
Hi DennyCraneEsq,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
There is a thread here on this board regarding the HDMZ1 that might be of some assistance.
Best of luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-23-2014, 09:08 PM)trish6hundred Wrote:
(06-23-2014, 05:42 PM)DennyCraneEsq Wrote: I hope that this is not off-topic for this chain, but I am considering the HDM Z1, and wonder: What is the operating voltage of the unit? (Or, what is the voltage of the optional battery?). It seems that one could buy something like the Allpowers 23000mAh solar device sold on line, and power the Z1 for a lot less money than their $400 battery. (It occurs to me that 23000 mAH may be at 5V, in which case if operating voltage is say 15V, I only get 7.66 hours to discharge).

Thanks.
Hi DennyCraneEsq,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
There is a thread here on this board regarding the HDMZ1 that might be of some assistance.
Best of luck to you.

Thank you, Trish. I have found some information, specifically that the battery provides 45Wh at 14.4 Volts. Although the HDM site contains many warnings about using another power supply, I suspect that if one matches polarity on the plug, many backup devices would work.
Post Reply Post Reply

The devices maximum output is 12V @ 3A, which is maybe, possibly, almost enough to run your CPAP machine without the humidifier if the pressure isn't set too high.

However the battery capacity is only 83 W/Hours, which means you had better sleep fast, because you only have a couple of hours, even if the power supply is 100% efficient, which it isn't.

I've had very good luck with this: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...tery_power

It will run my CPAP (and a small fan!) all weekend. The down-side is that your horse is not likley to be happy carrying a 105Ah deep- cycle battery.

Whatever you decide to buy, make sure it's returnable, since battery technology just isn't available yet, to handle 60 watts, all night in a small light package. Anybody that says they can do it is either wrong, of has some amazing new technology.

Terry

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-23-2014, 05:55 PM)diamaunt Wrote: [quote='JWR' pid='72485' dateline='1402798634']
Use mine that way when I ride in on horseback

well, I was thinking how do you sleep on a horse (in motion).Laugh-a-lot

Post Reply Post Reply

Use mine that way when I ride in on horseback

well, I was thinking how do you sleep on a horse (in motion).Laugh-a-lot

Oh that's the easy part ! The hard part is getting the horse to stand still while you plug er in Dielaughing I'm so busy I haven't figured out if I found my rope or I lost my horse Oh-jeez

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-24-2014, 06:54 PM)JWR Wrote: =
Oh that's the easy part ! The hard part is getting the horse to stand still while you plug er in Dielaughing I

you've got a plug in horse? what is it, one of them newfangled hybrids? Too-funny
Post Reply Post Reply
Horses naturally produce methane gas that comes from a rear connector. All you need to do is plug in a portable methane electrical generator to the rear connector and you can use the gas to generate power for your CPAP. Thought everyone knew that. Dont-know
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
And just when I thought I'd seen every version possible of a horse's arse. Dielaughing
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transcend (Somnetics) Micro Power Plug Size SteadyState 6 1,787 03-25-2024, 01:14 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  Airsence 10 Date Resets after Power Outrage Khayyam Qaiser 2 228 01-26-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Khayyam Qaiser
  Philips Respironics DreamStation check power Steve Foley 18 22,402 01-07-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: zebedee
  AirSense 10. Power cable broke on air tube connecting ring. Ruhtra 1 403 11-18-2023, 02:29 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  AirCurve power problem Shamus54 10 979 10-30-2023, 07:13 PM
Last Post: Shamus54
  Resmed Airsense 11 blowing full power with no leaks bcodemz 2 870 10-29-2023, 07:57 PM
Last Post: bcodemz
  [Equipment] Portable Backup Power for Outages Craige 4 565 10-29-2023, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Craige

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.