Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DD Therapy (About to buy an ASV)
RE: DD Therapy (About to buy an ASV)
I also have problems with sleep studies...at least I did 11 years ago when i had my last one. I think for people like us that don't tolerate the clinical study, getting a sleep aid can help, or just seek out other alternatives that allow us to demonstrate the use of a PAP solution. Sorry to hear this one did not work out. If there is a second chance get a sleeping pill. Either way, the fact you do not tolerate the clinical sleep test environment should not preclude you from getting the therapy you need. Ask your doctor for alternative means of documenting the problem and demonstrating PAP or ASV efficacy. If you're willing to buy a machine, having your doctor's support can be a big help.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting Update:

So I got the results back from my in-lab study. I am told that I showed ZERO sleep apnea events. Again, this night was a terrible representation of an average night for me so I do not know what to think. The study claimed that I slept for a total of 5 hours which to me seems much longer than I had thought. Typically I can fall asleep within 30 minutes of layinng down but I remember laying in that lab fully awake until after midnight. Keep in mind that my at home sleep study several months ago claimed that I had over 30 events per hour. I am very confused and do not know where to go from here. Is it possible that I do not need any type of CPAP machine? I am definitely exhausted all the time and wake up every day with dark circles under my eyes. Plus I have been told by my girlfriend that I have long pauses of breathing at night. My OSCAR reports show that I have central events but could this all be misleading? Maybe I have some other issues that do not allow me to get quality sleep? Let me know what you think. Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
I’m on my phone but want to discuss the inconsistent nature of your CA events and the difficulty getting a representative sleep test. As you can see, on any particular night you might have very few events, or many. It is the nature of central Apnea to be consistently inconsistent. The success of a test is not solely dependent on the right pressures or technology, but also whether you are having events or not. It is very unpredictable.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The report may actually indicate no Apneas, BUT, I have seen too many with way underreported CA events and really would like to see a copy of the actual report.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 21 603 Yesterday, 04:24 PM
Last Post: jakespeare65
  Jan's - Therapy Thread Jan Flikweert 61 2,261 Yesterday, 08:29 AM
Last Post: Jan Flikweert
  Therapy using Lumis 150 ST StuartC 135 7,150 Yesterday, 04:26 AM
Last Post: StuartC
  mallar's therapy thread mallar 4 82 03-17-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 203 8,295 03-17-2024, 10:37 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 13 702 03-16-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: marcinpiskala
  SleepyLlama therapy thread SleepyLlama 3 159 03-15-2024, 01:50 PM
Last Post: SleepyLlama

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.