Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DD Therapy (About to buy an ASV)
RE: DD Therapy (Centrals?)
Thank you. I will try that tonight. I was told by my doctor that my sleep study showed 150 some events the night of my study. With around 15 of those events total being central. The rest obstructive.  Not sure exactly that means. But I will say that the night of my sleep study wasone of the worst nights of sleep of my life. I couldn’t sleep with all of that equipment attached to me. So sometimes I wonder how accurate the study was. He also did say that those in-home studies will sometimes incorrectly flag centrals when they were actually obstructive. He wants me to keep after it without my current machine for a couple more weeks. He has bee now very responsive and helpful luckily. I honestly don’t really feel like I have gotten any real sleep since I started therapy so I am hoping that my bodybuilding is still just trying to adjust to the extra air. Thank you so much for your help
Post Reply Post Reply
time will tell. 15 ca vs 135 oa; chances are this is a case of treatment emergent pressure induced ca that will dissipate in time. here's hoping anyway!
Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW my sleep study scores were 124 CA to 24 OA. Call me ASV Dave. Comparison purposes the main goal here. Not an attempt of diagnosis either way.

Best to ya, DD2754

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
So the last couple nights have been better. I set my machine to cpap mode with a fixed pressure of 7.0 and EPR off. I am still having the issues with centrals  although it is much better. I also had a glass of wine both nights, not sure if that helps or hurts my situation. But overall, much better. Do you think these centrals will continue to diminish with time or should I be changing any more settings. Would it help to show different graphs in OSCAR? Any help is appreciated. I am too happy with the lower AHI to go back to sleep this morning haha. Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
Im not really sure how to read this graph but my leak rate seems to look kind of odd. Let me know if you think that could be an issue. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Looking at the graph the leaks are nothing to worry about in that they are less than 24L/M which Resmed flags as large leaks, unless they are waking you up
Post Reply Post Reply
Here (last chart) the leak rate is, of itself, insignificant but The spikes seem to match with a good number of CA events. These CA "events" I suspect are you holding your breath as you toss about a bit, thus the short duration spike of a leak from the toss and turn. Not an issue but I believe you can ignore those events.
Right click on the title of the leak chart and turn on the events overlay, That will repeat the event marks on the leak chart for easy comparison. A 2 min zoom close up may provide more detail that may prove out or deny my theory.
Post Reply Post Reply
as you know <5 ahi is considered treated. you've gotten your ca down to an 'acceptable' level. if your ahi remains stable, it might be as good as it gets. otoh, you have some flow limitations that might be eased by more pressure and some residual ca that might be eased by less pressure. if it was me, I'd see how this goes for a few days to a week, then continue to experiment with lower and higher fixed pressure until I found the best balance of oa and ca - which might be exactly where you are now but can't be sure until you rule out other pressures. wait at least a couple days between changes. if these are pressure induced treatment emergent ca (that'd be my guess), they'll dissipate in relatively short order.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-23-2019, 04:43 PM)DD2754 Wrote: He also did say that those in-home studies will sometimes incorrectly flag centrals when they were actually obstructive.

FWIW, my doctor told me the opposite. We saw a bunch of Centrals in the data that were flagged as Obstructive. What take-home machine did you have? I had a "Zmachine Synergy."
Post Reply Post Reply
My machine was the Philips Alice Nightone I believe.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 21 600 7 hours ago
Last Post: jakespeare65
  Jan's - Therapy Thread Jan Flikweert 61 2,253 Today, 08:29 AM
Last Post: Jan Flikweert
  Therapy using Lumis 150 ST StuartC 135 7,145 Today, 04:26 AM
Last Post: StuartC
  mallar's therapy thread mallar 4 81 Yesterday, 08:54 PM
Last Post: Jay51
  Plmnb's New Therapy ResMed AirCurve 10 ST-A Plmnb 203 8,287 Yesterday, 10:37 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 13 698 03-16-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: marcinpiskala
  SleepyLlama therapy thread SleepyLlama 3 158 03-15-2024, 01:50 PM
Last Post: SleepyLlama

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.