Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DID YOU GET YOUR RESMED MASK SURVEY INVITATION
DID YOU GET YOUR RESMED MASK SURVEY INVITATION
I was wondering how many people received ResMed's new mask survey sent to myAir users?

It is billed as a "research project" and appears to collect biometric information.

Considering ResMed's "one-way" information policy -- perhaps this survey can be used to complain about "other" issues. 

Quote:Shape the future of CPAP masks…

[Image: header-project-fit-v2.gif]

[Image: projectfit-separator.gif]  

Stephen richard, we’d like to hear about your mask experience. Download ProjectFit to complete the 5-minute survey, create a 3D selfie and score the chance to win 1 of 5 $500 Amazon Gift Cards*.

Viewing this email on a computer? Scan this QR code with your iPhone to download ProjectFit.

[Image: qrcode_email_m3.png]  

or search for “ResMed ProjectFit” in the app store on your iPhone

[Image: Steps-500.png]  

For more information, visit [url=https://click.resmed.com/]

Download the 5-minute survey app now!

[Image: research-by-resmed.png]  

ProjectFit is a research app for ResMed myAir users.
For Official Rules, click [url=https://click.resmed.com
*Excluding residents of Rhode Island.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DID YOU GET YOUR RESMED MASK SURVEY INVITATION
iPhone only.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Nothing yet to me.  ???
Post Reply Post Reply
Hmmm... I was on the ResMed site looking at the F30 instructions, and I left a comment on the "leave a review" section. Basically groused about having to cut the headgear apart and sew it back together so that it would fit my head.

I'm paying a lot of money for a DIY some-assembly-required piece of equipment!
Post Reply Post Reply
No. No survey. And I use "My Air" though it isn't that helpful.

I also use my iWatch to provide a sleep report. I won't recommend that to others

Best resource is OSCAR. However, I'm a slow learner and I'm dependent on help which I get here sometimes.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
I wish I can give some feedback to improve the N20. I can't use it due to the bad design with an opening up top that causes leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Best information i've seen is in the mask fit instruction that someone provided. I don't have a link

It helped me realize that tiny mask adjustments make a huge HUGE difference. When I'm trying to do this with my mask on, in the middle of the night, after I've woken up I end up with GROSS mask adjustments. That's horrible.

My DME has a habit I hate. I go in. They recommend a mask. I ask them to put me on a mchine. So I put the mask on, adjusted by the attendant, and lie back in a reclining chair for a few minutes with the machine humming. Seems good to go!

Then they take the shop-mask back, go away and come back with a brand new one in a sealed bag. I get to adjust it myself when I get home. Bah. Humbug.

Please take a look at your mask headgear. Are the straps at equal length? I mean is the Left top strap same length as the Right top strap? Same for bottom straps? It makes a difference.

Other thing. I find that the mask headgear stretches over time. Maybe your headgear has stretched.

Hope this helps. Hope someone provides a link for the mask fit link.
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
Another comment. N20 comes with a fit gauge in the box. Check to make sure you have the right size mask.

I played lots of football and broke my nose a couple of times. They look at me and sell me a N20 LARGE. Nope. I checked the fit gauge. I'm a medium. The large leaks on my funny shaped nose. The medium is wonderful.

Finally, I have two Knightsbridge Dual Band chinstraps. I used his fit instructions and bought the recommended size. However, the bottom straps came off during the night because of the shape of the Knightsbridge Dual Band. To compensate, I got to buy a large N20 with large insert. Bottom strap is below the Knightsbridge Dual Band; Problem solved. Except it cost me $349 Canadian to fix that buying the mask from my DME supplier. That's a lot of money! (I can buy them online for a decent price now.)
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
I use a Sharpie to mark the strap positions on my headgear when I achieve a great fit. Then I use these marks to adjust the new headgear to get a close approximation of a good fit starting point.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed mask settings - what changes in each type? skypony 10 16,947 8 hours ago
Last Post: DaveL
  Using DreamWisp Nasal Mask With ResMed AirSense 11 Avign0n323 2 410 01-31-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Avign0n323
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 535 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
  [CPAP] Still can't keep mask on after switching to ResMed Kevstuf 7 555 01-03-2024, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Kevstuf
  How to stop leakages from the F30i Full Face Mask by ResMed Jose Castro 8 1,557 11-18-2023, 04:37 AM
Last Post: UnknownActor
  Mask Change P10/ N30 to F20 Issue (Resmed) mcman56 14 1,009 11-12-2023, 01:21 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Angry [CPAP] Resmed Mask F30i - Tabs keep breaking.. Anybody else have this problem? Snacko 5 1,814 10-20-2023, 08:57 PM
Last Post: RainbowFish

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.