Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DIY Amara View Mask Leak Fix
DIY Amara View Mask Leak Fix
The Issue:

I have been having issues with my Amara View mask leaking at the base of the swivel on the frame. In certain positions it would sound like air was rushing out, and I could feel air spraying out. I could stop the sound and leak by pushing the swivel toward the face. The swivel just fits loose overall with lots of movement. I love the mask other than this annoying issue I was having. 

The Solution:

I bought a small thick O-Ring from the local hardware store and fitted it around the base of the swivel. This made the swivel fit a lot tighter and took the looseness out of it. This fixed my leak issues and eliminated the air spraying out. I know a lot of people have complained about the sound of air rushing from their mask. Hopefully this will help!!

Pictures: 

[img][Image: EJhEfbR.jpg][/img]

[img][Image: FlpFl1v.jpg][/img]

-Jordan
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DIY Amara View Mask Leak Fix
Thanks, will try. Mine annoys me a lot.
Also, it leaks at the connecton hose/mask. Needs an oring there also....
Post Reply Post Reply
Some leaks are intentionally placed in the mask setup so that if the power goes out, you won't asphyxiate.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-02-2017, 07:51 PM)Beej Wrote: Some leaks are intentionally placed in the mask setup so that if the power goes out, you won't asphyxiate.

There is an Anti-asphyxiation valve for that...it's the rectangular hole just above where the hose connects, visible in the pictures (I think --- well, if you know what to look for).

The quiet hiss is annoying in a very quiet bedroom, so I'll look for that O-ring.
Post Reply Post Reply
Cool 
You are correct NEVER modify or change any of the intentional leaks on any mask. This is a serious safety issue and could lead to death. 

In my setup however; the intentional leaks, anti-asphyxia valve, and mask vents are untouched. The leak I’m referring too is an unintentional leak around the base of the swivel. In other words it shouldn’t be leak there, but it does. All it’s really doing it’s tightening up the swivel so it doesn’t leak when moved in certain positions. This should successfully fix any issues without obscuring any built in safety features. 

Yes it does need a small O-Ring in the hose. I was thinking that today. As when pulled out you can hear the hose leaking. The mask tolerances are very loose and that bothers me.
Post Reply Post Reply
yeah, it annoys me a ton also, I hate hearing those leaks, I play with the hose until I fall asleep so I don't hear those.... will buy an oring kit tomorrow and fix that
Post Reply Post Reply
Awesome, I hope it works out great for you!!

I may go back to the hardware store tomorrrow and see if I can find one that will stop the small hose leak.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi jrdnduvall,
Thank you for sharing your mask leak fix.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, trish6hundred glad I could help!!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 231 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,407 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 139 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Large leak panic sleepingbetterinFl 3 147 03-19-2024, 07:48 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 132 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  [Diagnosis] ATRIAL FIBRILLATION - CONTRARIAN VIEW? srlevine1 9 348 03-05-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  2 weeks in. Mask leak and flow limit Jojo1982 11 665 02-22-2024, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Jojo1982

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.