Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DME Advice Please
DME Advice Please
I was diagnosed with OSA several years ago. I used Apria as my DME provider then, although I was very unhappy with them. I stopped therapy a couple years into it (I know, crazy). Symptoms have worsened to the point that I've decided to attempt compliance. I'm having a repeat sleep study Wednesday night. I now have Medicare and Tricare for Life. Does Medicare have stipulations and/or in network providers? What DME company do you people that share my insurance carriers recommend?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DME Advice Please
Donna -- I have Medicare and another supplemental insurer, but it's Medicare that will determine what DME you can use.  Medicare has a competitive bid procedure where potential DMEs compete in geographic areas to be approved by Medicare for reimbursement purposes.  Depending on your location you will likely have several DMEs to chose from.  I'm in Wisconsin and I use Lincare; it's been OK.

Here's the link to Medicare's list of approved DMEs:  https://www.medicare.gov/supplierdirectory/search.html
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DME Advice Please
Andy, thank you for your reply. I am new to Medicare. I did not realize that I needed to select a DME company from the Medicare Provider list. I also see that there are those who accept consignment and those who don't. I'm assuming that if I wish to avoid out of pocket expenses, I should chose a company who accepts consignment? Thanks for sharing that link with me.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2 Night on CPAP! Need Advice ed2397 1 96 Yesterday, 09:23 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 24 1,036 04-22-2024, 02:16 PM
Last Post: kkjacks
  OSCAR advice juniper 7 195 04-12-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 52 2,607 04-06-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: akarifur
  New user looking for Advice NeedSleepnea 15 354 04-01-2024, 11:08 AM
Last Post: NeedSleepnea
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 18 507 03-31-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 312 03-27-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.