Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DME Pricing for supplies
DME Pricing for supplies
Hi folks, long time lurker here.

Got my first BIPAP a Dreamstation from Amazon, back when they were selling them.  Got loads of info on how to set it up here.

Well, as a result of the recall, I decided to "go legit" get the at home sleep study and get a new device.

I got a prescription, and the insurance company sent me to Lincare.  Picked up the machine, an Airsense 11, hose, mask, nasal pillows etc.

So I'm on the one year rental plan, and then after that I own it.  (or so they say)

I have been used to buying my own supplies, bt I figured I would check with the Lincare 888 number.  I have a high deductible, so ethis stuff is going to be out of pocket for me.

I asked for the price of a heated tube (Seem hard to find on line for the 11) and the nasal pillows.

I was told that they don't have pricing!!! I was like "Uhhh, really?"  We have to bill you first so your insurance company will pay for it. They hemmed and hawed and gave me the number to the billing office.  I called, and was on hold for 45 minutes and hung up.

Is this how these people operate?  Seems like a shifty business if they can't tell me how much I am going to pay, doesn't it?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DME Pricing for supplies
It seems that Lincare caters mainly to the Medicare crowd and not really setup for private insurance.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The best practice is not to trust anything a DME tells you.  
Call your insurance and find out what your portion will be on supplies.  Some folk pay nothing, while others pay 20% of the negotiated price.

As far as them not knowing the price you would pay for a heated tube for the A11, your DME probably doesn't know until they actually bill your insurance.

From what I've heard, there are supply issues for heated tubing, filters, etc. for the A11.
Other members here have reported that these supplies are hard to find.  

If you're paying yourself, you would do better purchasing from Amazon, Ebay, etc.  
There is a Supplier List at the top of the page where you can check to see if the A11 supplies are available and the cost.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The going rate at 2 DMEs here for the ClimateLineAir 11 is CA$100 (US$79)
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-03-2022, 08:11 PM)Millstone50 Wrote: The going rate at 2 DMEs here for the ClimateLineAir 11 is CA$100 (US$79)

I think the last time I checked the number of my ClimateLine heated hoses, it was 11 or so. I just received another one less than a week ago.  Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-03-2022, 08:37 PM)Big Guy Wrote: I think the last time I checked the number of my ClimateLine heated hoses, it was 11 or so. I just received another one less than a week ago.  Oh-jeez

I think it corresponds to your machine. AS10 uses the CLA10, AS11 uses the 11. They slightly change the connector so you're forced to buy a new one. Like most CPAP supplies, the markup is about 250%.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-01-2022, 06:29 PM)entropy Wrote: I have been used to buying my own supplies, bt I figured I would check with the Lincare 888 number.  I have a high deductible, so ethis stuff is going to be out of pocket for me.

Well if they send it through your insurance, then you will pay whatever the insurance-company negotiated price is, and what you pay will be applied to your deductible. If you have a heart attack, or cancer, or just a freaking biopsy, you can blow through any deductible. (A year and a half ago I had surgery where I was only in the hospital for a few hours, but did have general anesthesia. $12,000 and I wasn't even there overnight!) Any money that you spend now might end up getting you to your deductible faster.

And depending upon the arm-twisting power of your insurance company, you might end up with just as good a price as with amazon, etc.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Who Do You Get Your Supplies From? Fritz1255 2 179 03-29-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Medicare Providers for Airmini Supplies knitsafghans 4 222 03-15-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Changing CPAP Machine & DME/Insurance & Supplies StratCat48 3 331 02-10-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Medicare & Re-Ordering Supplies oneeyeopen 12 978 02-07-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Beginner Must Have Equipment/Supplies PoutinePrincess 7 432 02-07-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Extra Supplies Columbiabill 2 416 12-28-2023, 03:15 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
Wink CPAP machine and supplies? Insurance or not? Fatheaded 13 1,707 11-26-2023, 05:50 PM
Last Post: RedNailz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.