Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DME Recommendation
DME Recommendation
Hello friends,

My neighbor and her husband had to change their insurance company to United Healthcare on Jan 1. They have been using the same (awesome) DME as me (Northstar) but was just told by UHC that they have to use one of these:

AdaptHealth
Apria
Lincare
PHM Logistics
Rotech

I know Apria has a reputation for dismal support and customer service. Of the remaining, any that you would recommend (or not recommend) based on your experience. She and her husband would greatly appreciate the information/feedback.

thanks.
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DME Recommendation
I've been using Lincare now for quite a while.  The initial setup with them had issues-- I had to keep after them to process my information and get my machine in a timely manner (it took well over a month of back-and-forth calls between the local Lincare office and the Lincare corporate office (each one blaming the other for the delays), but after that was all worked out, they've been calling me every month to send out supplies, and they've been delivered to my home in a reasonable time frame.

Can't speak to other national companies, personally.  Anyone else?
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
My local DME sold out to Rotech, and since my insurance was not contracted with them, I had to move on. I only had two others to choose from.

My experience with Lincare is much the same as SuperSleeper's. It was rough going at first to get everything set up. At one point I had to initiate a three-way call between Lincare, insurance and myself. That's when they started to cooperate. Rolleyes

They've been pretty good so far. I receive a call every 60 days to order.

Sorry, other than Apria which has a negative reputation, I don't know anything about the others you listed.

I will add that most DME's seem to be a pain to work with.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you SuperSleeper and OpalRose. This information is very helpful. I will be sure to pass it on.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have AdaptHealth. Have had good luck with them, however, they want me to update my script annually. Not an issue as I just have my sleep doc send a new one when I see him every 6 months. My wife has them as well. As we are on each other's accounts, we can place our replacement order at the same time with the same phone call. SUpplies come in a very timely manner.

I started out with Symbius, but when they had to spin off the sleep stuff, they became Pacific Pulmonary. My wife had Timbro and now they are all part of AdaptHealth.
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you [b]Homerec130. [/b]I appreciate the information. Will pass it on.
Post Reply Post Reply
United Health Care is our insurance provider, and they pay for all of our pap supplies.  I use an online DME called Aeroflow.  They have been great for my husband and me.  If you call UHC and ask about Aeroflow specifically, things may work out for you too.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
I have heard good things about Aeroflow but have not used them.

My healthcare provider is Kaiser. They require patients to call an Apria team specifically dedicated to Kaiser patients. I receive orders in 2-3 days. Very smooth. So different than the other reports. Go figure - there is always one exception.
Post Reply Post Reply
I use Rotech. They have been very good so far. They send me a message telling me that it's time to order new supplies.
Post Reply Post Reply
Avoid Adapt at all costs!!! Shady billing practices, don’t ever get the right supplies or no supplies at all, and terrible customer service! Changing DME’s the day my machine is paid for!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Request Recommendation for a Dial Manometer Samwrites 4 119 03-24-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Equipment] BiPAP Replacement Recommendation Prowler 1 264 01-28-2024, 09:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Auto Titrating Machine Recommendation REM dominated OA BoxcarPete 21 1,339 11-20-2023, 03:40 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [Treatment] LF Oral Surgeon recommendation in DMV area for MMA SleepWhenImDead 1 1,084 11-16-2023, 01:05 PM
Last Post: isabelle315
  Full Face Mask Recommendation? Dan8585 4 893 10-12-2023, 03:33 PM
Last Post: NightyTighty
  RECOMMENDATION REQUESTED - LIGHT THERAPY srlevine1 0 353 07-23-2023, 11:17 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Bipap replacement recommendation OceanChild 3 587 09-05-2022, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.