Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DME Shennigans
RE: DME Shennigans
(06-28-2019, 02:30 PM)DaveL Wrote: I asked everyone I saw at work that had mask marks on their face whether they liked their DME and sleep doc!  It's a big office.

Hilarious!!!  And so smart!
Post Reply Post Reply
Being in AZ, don't really have an issue with rainout as dry as it is here. I actually have a 10ft standard hose on the machine and just throw the heated one in the parts box. My doc says go with what works as long as you get results. He doesn't see the need for a heated hose either. I do have a hose cover on the hose to prevent leaks from the four legged kids nibbling on it. Now, my wife's sleep doc says it it isn't on the script, you can't use it. We have differenet sleep docs as my wife's specializes in folks who are on a lot of meds (which my wife is with her pain issues).
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi,

I've been pleased with the service provided by my provider. One of the keys to success was that the doc "ticked all the boxes" on the orders for supplies and equipment, with the most recent even including "patient choice" of machines.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-03-2019, 10:32 AM)WSHenry Wrote: Hi,

I've been pleased with the service provided by my provider. One of the keys to success was that the doc "ticked all the boxes" on the orders for supplies and equipment, with the most recent even including "patient choice" of machines.

My doc and his office are really great, even with the now what do they want from the DME. Funny thing is, I've been with the DME for the last 7 years and things only changed for the worse when they split respiratory off and bought out Tibro. I'm going to wait until after my next order and see how it goes before making a decision to swap DMEs or note.
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.