Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DME Splitting up sleepweaver mask
Angry 
DME Splitting up sleepweaver mask
Hey everyone,

So got an interesting one here - just got back from my DME, up to this point I have not had any problems with them. I am my 3-month point for my insurance, so I am eligable for a new mask. My wife has a sleepweaver mask, and we both love it - so that is what I decided to go with - and that is where the problems started - I was able to get the mask with no issues, but my DME opened up the box, and took out the headgear - because I was elegible for the headgear just the mask - OK - so I have a mask that I can't use for another 3-months because it is a special design for use just by those masks. When the mask was ordered from circadians, it was a set - the mask and headgear - but they are split-up before it gets to the consumer. I was told I could buy the headgear for $60!!, when I can get it online for $21.

The funny thing is that when my wife her sleepweaver at her 3-month point - she got that mask, and headgear with no problem

I wrote Circadians, and this is the response I got back from them:

Hi Scott -

Thank you for your email!

So sorry to hear about the trouble that you are having with the mask! We do sell our mask components separately as well as a set. Seeing as you have never had a SleepWeaver mask before, the DME should have given you both the mask and the headgear, as the mask will not work with any other headgear than that which was designed for it. I understand their reasoning with insurance, however I would hope that common sense would prevail.

Could you please let me know the DME that you are dealing with. I will contact them and try to rectify the situation. Could I also have your mailing address, in case the headgear needs to be sent directly from Circadiance.

Thank you again for contacting us and for your support of SleepWeaver!

I also wrote the insurance Co, but have not heard back from them - will give them until Monday, then I will go pay them a visit and see what they say about the whole situation.

Will let you all know how this all pans out.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DME Splitting up sleepweaver mask
Sheesh! You'd think...aw never mind...common sense is in short supply nowadays! I'd just let the INS folks handle it and save my blood pressure. If they are going to mail it to you themselves if the DME wants to be difficult, let em!
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi w7sot, I'm sure sorry you are having problems all of a sudden with your DME, I sure hope you are able to get the situation with the headgear to your new mask straightened out, it's kind of hard to use a mask without the headgear that goes with it, bummer.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Splitting up a mask and billing for separate parts is very common, and is even encouraged by the insurance companies sometimes.

Just part of our screwed up medical system.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
yup - well, I am sure thing will get figure out once the supplier tells the DME and then it goes on to the Insurance Co, that it is a totally different headgear for this specific mask - just have to give it some time at this point and wait.
Post Reply Post Reply
Does the sleepweaver also come in a ff mask? When you sleep on your side, does the seal break?
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-09-2012, 06:18 PM)Roxy Wrote: Does the sleepweaver also come in a ff mask?
Nasal mask only
[Image: sleepweaver_how-it-works.jpg]

Post Reply Post Reply
Circadience now makes several masks including the Anew full face mask.
I have used the Elan for about a year and once you get used to it it maintains the seal better than hard shell masks when sleeping on you side. I normally sleep with mask buried in my pillow, but I adjust the tension on the head gear as I lay my head on the pillow. A slight turn right or left as I hit the pillow does the trick.
With the Elan I frequently had AHI below 1. Last night with the Anew it was 2.8. I expect it to get better as I learn to fine tune this mask. It is far better than any other FFM I have tried.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,525 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,208 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,751 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Carcadiance Sleepweaver Anew full face mask optimalsleep 3 987 09-23-2020, 02:38 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Help with mask, Definition of EPAP/IPAP and Mask Pressure wesozzzz 1 1,094 11-15-2019, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  What's the mask setting of Dreamstation for Bleep DreamPort mask? ChinaMan 5 2,423 10-11-2019, 07:17 PM
Last Post: ChinaMan
  Changing mask from p10 resmed to philips respironics: Mask seal issue Visitor 10 4,831 10-11-2019, 07:25 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.