Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DME Venting (And Potential Happy Ending?)
DME Venting (And Potential Happy Ending?)
So, as I posted in another thread, it's time to replace my six year old machine. A week ago my doctor faxed my order to the local DME I've used in the past (their service has never been great, but at least they aren't Lincare). This morning, having still heard nothing from them, I decided to give them a call. I spent over an hour trying to get someone on the phone to talk about it. Twice they dropped my call after I'd been waiting on hold, once they sent me straight to an answering service.  Finally I got someone on the line and she told me she'd have someone call me back. I said I'd rather wait to talk to someone, since it had been over a week and I was anxious to get it resolved. She placed me on hold, then came back to tell me they had my prescription and they would be calling me back. I said, again, that I really wanted to deal with it right then. After some back and forth, I asked if there was a manager or supervisor I could talk to. The woman actually huffed at me! But at least she put me through to a manager.

The "Head of CPAP" proceeded to tell me that they'd only received my prescription 7 days ago, that they would call me when they were read and that -- I quote -- "You're not a priority for us." This was bad service even by this company's usual standards, so after I'd hung up and calmed down enough to think, I did a little research and discovered that they had been purchased by -- you guessed it -- Lincare!

So I did started searching for a new DME, discovering along the way that nearly every supplier in the state has been bought up by Lincare.  Finally I found a small chain with half a dozen locations here in New England. When I called their 800 number, it was two button presses and a five second wait to speak to a very friendly and helpful person who explained clearly my options, verified that they take my insurance, and told me exactly what I would need to have my doctor's office send to them.  She said -- unprompted! -- that "CPAP patients are a priority for us, so you should expect a call within 24 hours after we receive your prescription."  I called back later to check whether they had received my prescription and I again got a person in a few seconds.  She said they had not received it yet.  When I asked if I should just wait for a call back, she said, "No, call us back later today.  It's no problem at all, and that way we can be sure nothing went wrong." It's almost as if it wasn't an inconvenience for them to talk to me.

This supplier's nearest office is over an hour away, but they said they would ship my equipment for free if I didn't want to or couldn't drive. And I swear at this point I'd drive to their headquarters three and a half hours away before I spent another dime with my old DME.
About to upgrade for the first time…
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DME Venting (And Potential Happy Ending?)
Feel free to name your DME gem. Just like you stated Lincare as being bad, X is good for your area. Sounds like others need to find this one.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-10-2021, 02:46 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Feel free to name your DME gem. Just like you stated Lincare as being bad, X is good for your area. Sounds like others need to find this one.

I’ll wait until I’ve got my machine and can comment on the whole process. It’s possible that they just have a great receptionist and the rest of the company sucks!

That said, I’ll gladly warn people away from J & L Medical. I’ve never received such awful customer service in my life.
About to upgrade for the first time…
Post Reply Post Reply
OK fair enough. Best to your success.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
VERY encouraging news. Most reports on DME interactions are quite negative. Congratulations!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 99 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Happy Thanksgiving. Big Guy 9 578 11-25-2023, 07:16 AM
Last Post: FLcracker
  [Treatment] New here - requesting help with potential UARS RagingBull 7 652 11-17-2023, 08:10 PM
Last Post: RagingBull
  Potential for iVaps mode to help with UARS mintjberry 9 1,228 09-02-2023, 06:27 AM
Last Post: StuartC
  Need Help Optimizing APAP (Potential UARS?) nvrnow 7 845 07-27-2023, 09:25 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Anyone's F20 Quiet Air Elbow Not Diffusing/Venting ANY Air? Hydrangea 32 12,484 07-26-2023, 09:27 AM
Last Post: snorin2
  Suffering from Arousals. Potential unflagged obstructions? Norman2195 4 676 07-16-2023, 08:19 PM
Last Post: jkossis

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.