Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DME and adjustment to therapy
RE: DME and adjustment to therapy
(05-01-2016, 11:37 PM)Mosquitobait Wrote: Mine put down Resmed Auto for Her, Heated Hose,...

IzzyBee,

To amplify on Mosquitobait's point (and to correct my omission):

The "ResMed AirSense 10 AUTOSET for Her" has an extra algorithm tailored to the breathing patterns of females that might ease your transition to CPAP.

The DME might have to order that particular model.

I'm only repeating Mosquitobait's point, so you don't miss out on this important option.
Just my personal opinion.  My posts are not medical advice or a statement of fact.  Please consult a qualified physician or other qualified medical personnel.  Please comply with all applicable laws, codes, regulations, and protocols.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-01-2016, 10:00 PM)Jim Bronson Wrote: Please keep in mind that the fundamental problem in SA is the collapse of the airway as you relax during sleep, which results in the inability to breathe and subsequent oxygen starvation of the organs and multiple arousal episodes. No amount of processing power can change that.

Exactly, which is why I said biotech in addition to bionetic... and the processing power does actually improve that, although not in the way most people would imagine. Advancements in computing power do have, and have had a direct impact on the speed of research as it allows for more advanced, and faster computer models to be run to simulate all kinds of things. Advancement in software as well also help tremendously with analyzing big data.

Medical technology has already utilized 3D printing technology to print biological structures... so perhaps something like that will eventually be used to render a biological scaffolding of sorts based on the patient's own genetic material so the tissue isn't rejected? I really have no idea, but there is no doubt in my mind that one day in my life, xPAP will be ancient history! Check back here in 25 years (+/- 5)! Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome, Izzybee. Sorry you had to join us.

First, ready the Useful Links in my signature line at the bottom of this post. There's a really good chance the DME (CPAP salesman) will try to screw you with a bad machine. It's the way the medical mafia works these days.

Re: Scared to sleep.

If it hasn't killed you yet, it's unlikely to do so in the next few weeks. Think of apnea as being like being a long term 4 pack a day smoker. If you quit in a few weeks vs. today, it's not going to affect your odds that much.

You might get a bit of relief by not sleeping on your back, or by sleeping on a recliner, but that's a bit iffy, and probably not necessary if you get a machine soon.

Re: Romantic Stuff

Unless you're falling asleep during the romantic stuff, don't put on the mask until after. Wink

Seriously, yes, it does affect cuddling a bit, especially if you're the big spoon and are blowing air on the back of his neck. However, it's probably not as bad, long term, as snoring, sleeping badly, or being too tired with a headache all the time.

Or you can put it on, breathe noisily and say "You have no idea of the power of the dark side of the force!"
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lanners - Therapy Help Lanners 23 972 4 hours ago
Last Post: Lanners
  Jakespeare65 - Therapy Help jakespeare65 28 841 9 hours ago
Last Post: jakespeare65
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,086 03-27-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 177 03-27-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 256 03-27-2024, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,271 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,367 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.