Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DME angst
RE: DME angst
"The Request for Bids clearly indicates that a contract supplier must furnish competitively bid items to any beneficiary who maintains a permanent residence in or who visits a CBA and who requests those items from the contract supplier, starting on day one of the contract period. Furnishing medically necessary contract items to all beneficiaries throughout the CBA is also a term of the competitive bidding program contract.

Suppliers are not allowed to “pick and choose” which beneficiaries they will serve within a CBA. Furthermore, contract suppliers are required to provide beneficiaries with timely service in accordance with the quality standards. Refusing to furnish medically necessary competitively bid items to beneficiaries throughout the entire CBA is a breach of contract, and may lead to contract termination."
Everyone has a bad hair day once in a while.  Same with a night on xPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
Victory Dance Way-to-happy .  DME called this AM.  My new RESMED Airsense 10 VAUTO is here.  I have appointment for tomorrow at 10AM to pick it up.  Persistence and a nudge from Medicare CAO paid off.  It came in ONE WEEK after Medicare CAO called them.
Everyone has a bad hair day once in a while.  Same with a night on xPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-24-2018, 10:14 PM)zzzlessinMS Wrote:
(11-24-2018, 08:09 AM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: like Either get me the ResMed, or someone else gets my business. See what happens.

That is exactly what they want.  They don't want to be bothered to special order a machine and pay $100 more for it.  Their delay tactics and lying has made this very clear.  They have chosen the wrong alligator to wrestle.  
I told CAO emphatically that I did NOT want to go to different DME and start this whole process all over again.  Not fair for my doctor's staff to fax 45 pages to another DME.  Staff has better things to do.  And another full month of waiting for machine. 

CAO assured me that DME will deliver my machine by Dec 5.  Bad mark like this could cost them next competitive bid.  DMEs are not allowed to refuse a Medicare patient.  Delaying and lying to me so I give up and go elsewhere is one form of refusing a Medicare patient.  I am mad and digging in my heels now.  They have to get me my machine by Dec. 5.  Especially since they mischaracterized me as a psychotic, mental patient because I refused to accept a machine that doesn't fit my needs.

Yeah, I'd do the same. I would push them into getting what you want. My original DME was about to do that as I had the doc specify ResMed ASV. The only reason I went to a new DME was that it is closer to the house than original, and I have trouble driving even shorter distances lately due to other health concerns.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-27-2018, 11:28 AM)zzzlessinMS Wrote: Victory Dance Way-to-happy .  DME called this AM.  My new RESMED Airsense 10 VAUTO is here.  I have appointment for tomorrow at 10AM to pick it up.  Persistence and a nudge from Medicare CAO paid off.  It came in ONE WEEK after Medicare CAO called them.

like SHa_clap2

Congrats!
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well-done Congratulations on getting the machine of your choice!
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.