Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DME delays with Resmed AS11?
DME delays with Resmed AS11?
Wanted to get a sanity check as to how long people are waiting for an AirSense 11 to ship.  Are shortages still widespread?   I understand these units have been available from various online vendors for months now.

I'm not in a position of "need" per se as I have a perfectly good Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset that I bought on my own last year.  When I saw my sleep doc in May I was eligible to have my insurance cover a new machine for me and asked for a new Resmed 1.  Figured I would have a good backup full size unit in the closet should I ever need one.  It's been 3 months and my DME will not even provide an ETA yet.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DME delays with Resmed AS11?
AFAIK, most people are being told their waiting time is uncertain. Most DMEs dont have them in stock. AFAIK.

Some DMEs may be offering to sell constant-fixed-pressure cpap "bricks" without the data reporting capabilities. As I understand it, insurance companies pay bi "billing code," and the code for AutoSet machines is the same code as for "bricks." So of course they want to sell you a brick asap, but it's not good for the customer.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DME delays with Resmed AS11?
I was in the same boat as you. AS10 was 6 years old so I asked my Doc if I could start the process for a new one. Once the DME got the new prescription the contacted me to confirm I would pay my share they submitted the order. It took 3 months from that date. Every 3 weeks they sent me an email confirming the order and acknowledged the delay. Then one day I got confirmation it had been shipped.
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed AS10 vs AS11. Are hoses/filters interchangable? plpauly 2 85 03-26-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  battery backup recommendations as10/as11 eok361 53 4,326 03-21-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Varying measurements from AS11 and Oxymeter fuzz 8 382 02-02-2024, 03:55 PM
Last Post: fuzz
  as11 not recording data Irish44395 8 395 01-06-2024, 06:07 AM
Last Post: Irish44395
  Oxyair tubing for Resmed AS11? CactusJack2 2 392 12-25-2023, 05:44 PM
Last Post: CactusJack2
  AS11 AutoSet auto update Gideon 10 2,990 09-28-2023, 08:12 PM
Last Post: stevew77
  Compatible SD cards for ResMed AS11 suddenSomnolence 4 1,326 09-28-2023, 07:33 PM
Last Post: stevew77

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.