Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DME gave me a new BIPAP without the hose and side panel
DME gave me a new BIPAP without the hose and side panel
So I was surprised when I turned in the loaner BIPAP and picked up the new one they ordered for me. All it came with was the power supply, SD card, manuals, and humidifer chamber. No hose and also no side panel, if I want to use the machine on an airplane without the humidifer! When I complained to them about why it didn't come with a hose or side panel, they said that would be an additional charge. Then she said well, that I already have a hose with my original APAP machine.

I don't really need a hose, since I have two of them. I had just got a new one the other month. But shouldn't a new machine come with the hose?
ResMed AirCurve 10 vAuto
Pressure EPAP min 4.4, IPAP 8.4, IPAP Max 18, PS 4.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DME gave me a new BIPAP without the hose and side panel
IMO I'd say yes. All 3 of my machines over the years have included a hose. Unless you can do hoseless connection from CPAP to mask. Must be the new tech thing. Reality: poor DME money pinched scrooge.

Side panel OK I can see that as an option.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Back when I got my AirSense 10, I got a standard hose and the heated hose was an item included in the extra cost premium package.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-07-2018, 02:07 PM)pholynyk Wrote: Back when I got my AirSense 10, I got a standard hose and the heated hose was an item included in the extra cost premium package.

FWIW my ASV machine via Apria was scripted to have heated hose. After I mentioned that to the RT, she got a new heated hose from stock and put it in the machine travel case with the standard version also. Standard equals a backup, I always use heated now.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Since the machine is new, double check the run hours to make sure.

Resmed packages all machines with either a standard or heated hose and of course the humidifier chamber. It is not uncommon for a DME to invoice all three items separately for insurance purposes. It's true you have a hose from the original CPAP, and the typical replacement interval is 6-months. They are being really cheap not to include it, but if it has been less than 6-months, they can't bill insurance for it. You should have kept the one from your BiPAP loaner.

The fixed side panel to replace the humidifier chamber is an extra item (not included in OEM package), and since it is not medically necessary, you should expect to buy one on your own dime. They run $15 to $19 to purchase.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My bipap loaner also did not have a hose. They had just gave me the machine, without a chamber too.
Anyway, I just got a new hose through my previous DME about a month or two ago. I checked the run hours and it is brand new, only 10 hours on it so far.Also looks like they are billing insurance $1700 for it, which is around same price that I see for the machine online. But at least I don't have to pay much if not anything for the rest of the year, since I met my deductible and out of pocket already. I still have my APAP and apparently insurance has one more month to pay for that, and it's mine. They told me since it is a different "code" for the BIPAP, it shouldnt interfere with the APAP. We will see if I need to return the APAP at some point, or if i just keep it as a backup machine.

These DME's probably don't keep many backup machines in their office, if someone has issues with theirs. I'm not taking the chance, especially on a weekend when they are closed. I could go three nights, friday, sat, sun if my machine breaks on a friday. I'd rather have some sort of backup.
ResMed AirCurve 10 vAuto

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-07-2018, 02:03 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Reality: poor DME money pinched scrooge.

Lolabove

Myron,
Your loaner didn’t come with a hose or a chamber...and this new machine didn’t come with a hose either.
This just doesn’t seem right to me. Did they bill your insurance for a hose?
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-08-2018, 07:21 AM)OpalRose Wrote:
(04-07-2018, 02:03 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Reality: poor DME money pinched scrooge.

Lolabove

Myron,
Your loaner didn’t come with a hose or a chamber...and this new machine didn’t come with a hose either.
This just doesn’t seem right to me.  Did they bill your insurance for a hose?

My loaner didn't come with anything. No humidifier and no hose. They said to use my current humidifier and hose. 

My new machine came with a humidifier but no hose. They said the hose would be an extra charge.  I will have to look but I don't think they billed for a hose, just for the machine.
ResMed AirCurve 10 vAuto

Post Reply Post Reply
MY PR came with everything needed--almost--heated hose and humidifier and SD card. It didn't have the end piece for using it without the humidifier or the regular hose however. My DME gave both to me. I hate the stiff regular hose, so just use pass over humidification when we don't have AC electricity and I'm running on a battery pack. We don't fly and I have no need to conserve space in our travel trailer.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have got mine on 4-4-18 with standard hose came with unit.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Mask recommendation for a sensitive side-sleeper who might have an unusual face shape PersonInNY 6 194 Yesterday, 10:44 AM
Last Post: PersonInNY
  Need best way to secure my hose/tube sleepingbetterinFl 2 90 04-21-2024, 05:16 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Tools for "forced" side sleeping (noodles), do they work Fox66 2 103 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
Last Post: Fox66
  Regular vs Slimline Hose for Airsense 10 Auto IIII 27 7,720 04-12-2024, 02:13 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Earplugs for side sleepers? cps22 17 544 03-22-2024, 07:15 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 1,131 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  CPAP Side Effects Tylermdugan 6 528 03-18-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.