Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DME gave me a new BIPAP without the hose and side panel
RE: DME gave me a new BIPAP without the hose and side panel
IMO I still say this is really a cheapskate way to treat a patient. The only way I can think of being required to not give a hose, is if the insurance wouldn't pay. Even so, I really don't see that happening. This DME is flat out CHEAP.

Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can use the humidifier chamber on an airplane without water in it.  I think some have added (bottled) water in it but I'm not sure I would with the chance of turbulance.
Post Reply Post Reply
There is the option to turn off the humidifier as it seems you've not gotten the bypass panel as far as I'm aware. Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
" I just got a new hose through my previous DME about a month or two ago"

there's your answer on why you did not receive another hose. Insurances usually only approves a new hose every 3 months. If they just payed for one at your previous DME, they won't approve another hose purchase at a different DME until 3 months is up. Sometimes it's not DME's "being cheap."
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-11-2018, 10:38 AM)dmeRT Wrote: " I just got a new hose through my previous DME about a month or two ago"

there's your answer on why you did not receive another hose.  Insurances usually only approves a new hose every 3 months.  If they just payed for one at your previous DME, they won't approve another hose purchase at a different DME until 3 months is up.  Sometimes it's not DME's "being cheap."

I stand corrected here. I somehow missed the "a month or two ago" phrase.
Post Reply Post Reply
My Aircurve ASV came with the heated hose and side panel but it was special order... The hose should have been included, the side panel is optional..
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Regular vs Slimline Hose for Airsense 10 Auto IIII 27 7,652 04-12-2024, 02:13 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Earplugs for side sleepers? cps22 17 527 03-22-2024, 07:15 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Side sleeping and shoulder pain SCgargoyle 9 1,095 03-19-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: skcampbell2
  CPAP Side Effects Tylermdugan 6 517 03-18-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 378 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Thumbsup Side sleep enforcer for positional apnea G. Szabo 0 326 02-26-2024, 05:01 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
Question Hose volume Willw 4 285 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.