Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DME giving me a titration study and a FFM (not charging)
DME giving me a titration study and a FFM (not charging)
Like many of us, I had a poor CPAP onboarding experience with the DME my primary MD referred me to (this was 10 months ago). Recently a higher up at the DME called me to try to make good. Months ago I posted an honest review online....

Now they are offering to give me a free study and fit me with a FFM (which I believe i need for times of year that I am super congested with seasonal allergies (like June)!

Does this sound like it is worth it (free) or a frustrating exercise? Of course this will likely lead to an updated positive review online! Anyone have a similar experience?

On my own I have tweaked settings and switched to a Dreamwear. But I could make this better for sure - maybe DME can help actually?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DME giving me a titration study and a FFM (not charging)
I would want to know how are they going to conduct the "free study." Is it a titration in a sleep lab or a home study?
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
It's one thing to tell the truth about your experience in an honest review, but these things seem forced.
A company "deciding" to do the right thing because it has to for online reputation is not the same as doing it because that is their routine way of handling problems.

Not sure if updated reviews reflect the reality of normal operation.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-28-2017, 09:48 AM)AlanE Wrote: I would want to know how are they going to conduct the "free study."  Is it a titration in a sleep lab or a home study?

I did an at home study before I originally got machine. This I believe will be at their lab.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-28-2017, 10:28 AM)personal111 Wrote: It's one thing to tell the truth about your experience in an honest review, but these things seem forced.
A company "deciding" to do the right thing because it has to for online reputation is not the same as doing it because that is their routine way of handling problems.

Not sure if updated reviews reflect the reality of normal operation.

I will update my review to reflect how they "made good" after complaining - if they do "make good"!
Post Reply Post Reply
This is PSYOPS 101. If you refuse their offer, they can then post a rebuttal stating they made the offer and you refused their help. Don't provide them with any ammunition to negate your review.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree....I think it's forced. I also think that they want to shoot down your review one way or another....either you told them to pound rocks when they tried to fix it (the 10 months later part will be omitted, you look like the bad guy) or they expect a glowing review (they look like the good guy).

I'd say take their offer, but when you update your review, be honest and keep the full story. I was referred to company X by my doc, they treated me like crap, dragged their heels for 10 months and when I wrote a poor review someone higher up got involved. They did A, B and C to try to fix it (which worked or didn't) which was great (or sucked). It's nice they stepped up after 10 months and a poor review; however, it would have been far nicer if the front line staff could have dealt with it at the start...yadda, yadda, yadda. Time will tell if the change is motivated by caring for the patient or caring about the review....blah, blah, blah... You get the idea.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-28-2017, 11:28 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: This is PSYOPS 101.    If you refuse their offer, they can then post a rebuttal stating they made the offer and you refused their help.    Don't provide them with any ammunition to negate your review.

100%

In a former life I did a lot of online reputation management stuff for a few small web based companies and also dealt with that famous bureau you will all be familiar with.
If I offered you some type of resolution and you refused it or ignored it, I would usually be able to get the status of your original complaint changed or removed.
Post Reply Post Reply
Even if they only did this to fix your online review I would certainly look closely at what they're offering and consider it. I know that DME's are not well liked here but my Minnesota Nice attitude makes me think you should give them a chance to make things right. What were your original issues with the DME?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 243 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 78 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 532 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 192 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 120 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 148 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 65 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.