Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DME is switching out my machine.
My Aircurve 10, ASV is having problems; not recording usage time correctly, and at times, not throwing me a high pressure burst when I need it. The DME said that they are working with ResMed, and it is in rush/priority status. This morning, as I was drifting back into sleep, I felt intense pressure in the front of my face and in my sinuses, but it wasn't from the machine throwing a breath at me, then I looked at my wrist pulse ox, and it was down to 89%.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi JVinNE,
I hope you can get this straightened out, soon.
Good luck to you, this must be very stressful.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-09-2015, 03:25 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi JVinNE,
I hope you can get this straightened out, soon.
Good luck to you, this must be very stressful.

Thank you, Trish. It has been a bit scary, and I had to take a little more anti-anxiety medication, from the nerves of dealing with this. I hope they get the replacement here asap.

Post Reply Post Reply

(06-09-2015, 01:01 PM)JVinNE Wrote: ...it wasn't from the machine throwing a breath at me...

How do we know this? I think if your 02 was down, that might be exactly what this machine might do, even if working perfectly.

If the machine did not throw the breath, then who or what did?

If they even suspect a little bit that the machine is not working properly, then they should just replace it immediately for your safety, and sort out why later.

If I were in this position, I would make it my business to become their worst nightmare until they got it right. Squeaky wheel.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-09-2015, 01:01 PM)JVinNE Wrote: My Aircurve 10, ASV is having problems; not recording usage time correctly, and at times, not throwing me a high pressure burst when I need it. The DME said that they are working with ResMed, and it is in rush/priority status. This morning, as I was drifting back into sleep, I felt intense pressure in the front of my face and in my sinuses, but it wasn't from the machine throwing a breath at me, then I looked at my wrist pulse ox, and it was down to 89%.

Might be interesting to take a closer look at the flow and events when that happens. If you have an obstructive event, the machine can't "throw" a breath in you regardless of pressure. Without a closer look, it's really hard to say what's going on. I have no idea why it doesn't properly record therapy times, but again, it should show up in the detailed sleep data.
Post Reply Post Reply
New replacement machine is on rush order from ResMed.
Post Reply Post Reply

Someone mentioned in a previous post, how the "day" starts at noon, and I was hitting the button off and on after noon, so... it makes sense now.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-10-2015, 04:45 PM)JVinNE Wrote: New replacement machine is on rush order from ResMed.

To that is such a crock! I mean they are supplying mission critical equipment and yet don't keep adequate stocks?
Sheesh!
I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-14-2015, 04:26 PM)Mark Douglas Wrote:
(06-10-2015, 04:45 PM)JVinNE Wrote: New replacement machine is on rush order from ResMed.

To that is such a crock! I mean they are supplying mission critical equipment and yet don't keep adequate stocks?
Sheesh!

I got the machine two days ago, but you're right. They should have had it in stock, even if it is an ASV, and more expensive.

Post Reply Post Reply

(06-14-2015, 06:49 PM)JVinNE Wrote:
(06-14-2015, 04:26 PM)Mark Douglas Wrote:

Sheesh!

I got the machine two days ago, but you're right. They should have had it in stock, even if it is an ASV, and more expensive.
especially an ASV machine!

I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Switching from full face mask to pillows DPerretta 14 506 09-17-2017, 10:31 PM
Last Post: SWsabre
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 34 18,982 09-06-2017, 08:36 PM
Last Post: Tyw7
  High AHI after switching from Wisp mask to Nuance Pro? tomkatt 7 223 08-15-2017, 08:41 AM
Last Post: tomkatt
  Pin from power plug stuck in machine ResMed cpap machine B10576 11 715 06-05-2017, 09:04 PM
Last Post: CB91710
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 13 1,069 05-04-2017, 10:03 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Switching from full face mask to nasal mask monkeybusiness 13 706 04-27-2017, 02:09 PM
Last Post: monkeybusiness
  Switching from FFM to nasal pillows? sleepypaul 1 238 03-30-2017, 10:28 PM
Last Post: bonjour