Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DME is switching out my machine.
DME is switching out my machine.
My Aircurve 10, ASV is having problems; not recording usage time correctly, and at times, not throwing me a high pressure burst when I need it. The DME said that they are working with ResMed, and it is in rush/priority status. This morning, as I was drifting back into sleep, I felt intense pressure in the front of my face and in my sinuses, but it wasn't from the machine throwing a breath at me, then I looked at my wrist pulse ox, and it was down to 89%.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DME is switching out my machine.
Hi JVinNE,
I hope you can get this straightened out, soon.
Good luck to you, this must be very stressful.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-09-2015, 03:25 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi JVinNE,
I hope you can get this straightened out, soon.
Good luck to you, this must be very stressful.

Thank you, Trish. It has been a bit scary, and I had to take a little more anti-anxiety medication, from the nerves of dealing with this. I hope they get the replacement here asap.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-09-2015, 01:01 PM)JVinNE Wrote: ...it wasn't from the machine throwing a breath at me...

How do we know this? I think if your 02 was down, that might be exactly what this machine might do, even if working perfectly.

If the machine did not throw the breath, then who or what did?

If they even suspect a little bit that the machine is not working properly, then they should just replace it immediately for your safety, and sort out why later.

If I were in this position, I would make it my business to become their worst nightmare until they got it right. Squeaky wheel.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-09-2015, 01:01 PM)JVinNE Wrote: My Aircurve 10, ASV is having problems; not recording usage time correctly, and at times, not throwing me a high pressure burst when I need it. The DME said that they are working with ResMed, and it is in rush/priority status. This morning, as I was drifting back into sleep, I felt intense pressure in the front of my face and in my sinuses, but it wasn't from the machine throwing a breath at me, then I looked at my wrist pulse ox, and it was down to 89%.

Might be interesting to take a closer look at the flow and events when that happens. If you have an obstructive event, the machine can't "throw" a breath in you regardless of pressure. Without a closer look, it's really hard to say what's going on. I have no idea why it doesn't properly record therapy times, but again, it should show up in the detailed sleep data.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
New replacement machine is on rush order from ResMed.
Post Reply Post Reply
Someone mentioned in a previous post, how the "day" starts at noon, and I was hitting the button off and on after noon, so... it makes sense now.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-10-2015, 04:45 PM)JVinNE Wrote: New replacement machine is on rush order from ResMed.

To that is such a crock! I mean they are supplying mission critical equipment and yet don't keep adequate stocks?
Sheesh!
I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-14-2015, 04:26 PM)Mark Douglas Wrote:
(06-10-2015, 04:45 PM)JVinNE Wrote: New replacement machine is on rush order from ResMed.

To that is such a crock! I mean they are supplying mission critical equipment and yet don't keep adequate stocks?
Sheesh!

I got the machine two days ago, but you're right. They should have had it in stock, even if it is an ASV, and more expensive.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-14-2015, 06:49 PM)JVinNE Wrote:
(06-14-2015, 04:26 PM)Mark Douglas Wrote:

Sheesh!

I got the machine two days ago, but you're right. They should have had it in stock, even if it is an ASV, and more expensive.
especially an ASV machine!

I use my PAP machine nightly and I feel great!
Updated: Philips Respironics System One (60 Series)
RemStar BiPAP Auto with Bi-FlexModel 760P -
Rise Time x3 Fixed Bi-Level EPAP 9.0 IPAP 11.5 (cmH2O)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Pressure] Switching to automatic raised AHI numbers Leitrim 4 112 03-26-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Leitrim
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 167 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  Keep switching to mouth breathing (during REM?) alienfrontier 13 764 01-21-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] Still can't keep mask on after switching to ResMed Kevstuf 7 502 01-03-2024, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Kevstuf
  Central vs. OA Events: Switching Machines or Tweaking Current CPAP Settings? fjones416 4 498 12-14-2023, 12:28 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,137 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  airfit: switching to P30i for side sleeper from P10??? rebean 2 553 09-28-2023, 12:37 PM
Last Post: rebean

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.