Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DME options with Humana
My insurance changes tomorrow. I'm going to be due for some supplies on the 8th, and my current DME (American Homepatient) isn't covered on the new Humana insurance.

From looking at the Humana website, it looks like my options are some web order only places that aren't on the supplier list, Apria, and a local DME, Covenant Home Medical.

I'm disinclined to go with a supplier that I can't talk to face-to-face when insurance is involved. The insurance is pretty good if I stay in-network, I might as well not have it if I go out of network, so unless the other options are horrible, I'm going to stay in-network.

Should I even consider Apria? I've heard some horror stories. I have no information on whether the local DME is good to work with or not, they're a complete unknown other than that the website mentions CPAP and says they have a 24 hour on call respiratory therapist, they have no reviews that I can find.

It's just going to be for supplies for a while, I got Blue Cross to convert the machine to a purchase earlier this month.
Post Reply Post Reply
I too have Humana and use Apria. I have had nothing but good luck with both. Not much local involvement outside initial setup and purchase. Most of my supply orders have been over the phone. No problems so far.
Dont-know  I am an accountant so any advice given here is not medical. If I give any financial advice, you can take it to the bank. However, you will have a hard time cashing it in. Okay
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Backup power options for CPAP machines terp1984 20 755 10-13-2017, 07:21 AM
Last Post: OMyMyOHellYes
Question CPAP at Altitude and Oxygen concentrator, Options for portable unit? mogulman 7 201 09-06-2017, 03:21 PM
Last Post: mogulman
  Apria only choice for Humana PPO? Dawei 3 156 07-30-2017, 08:55 PM
Last Post: bonjour
  Options sought - Dx and Treatment of OSA cpdaniel 12 877 12-28-2016, 07:25 AM
Last Post: kwhenrykerr
  Anyone heard of Apnea Options for custom masks? terp1984 14 5,680 10-27-2016, 06:32 PM
Last Post: outdoor
  UPS options (Power backup for CPAP) machines Hmm888 14 4,108 08-19-2016, 12:28 PM
Last Post: ve7ltd
  Noob with Humana/Aprea Experience FrankNichols 9 1,321 05-22-2016, 04:39 PM
Last Post: FrankNichols