Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Symptoms] More than a year of therapy, morning headaches again?
RE: More than a year of therapy, morning headaches again?
(08-10-2018, 02:13 PM)sonicboom Wrote:
(08-10-2018, 01:26 PM)Apnea Infant Wrote: How did you confirm that it was CO2? Did you get an oximeter to discover? Would it confirm that?

I was about to get an oximeter for that very purpose when someone else posted about re-breathing CO2 with nasal pillows particularly at lower cpap pressures which I use. Can't remember the thread now. I was always a bit concerned with the exhalation ports on the P10s. Seemed like the holes weren't large enough. I had also read here that some had resorted to cutting larger holes in the mesh ports of that mask but I was reticent to start compromising the mask as a first resort. Additionally, I had noticed that the P10s were slightly dislodging when I turned at night so leak rate was increasing over time and I was also getting dry eyes. Due to a combination of these conditions and while I was researching oximeters I thought I would experiment with a new mask. The Brevida solved all of these problems for me at once so for now I've put off the oximeter. Whether an oximeter would accurately evaluate CO2 consumption by showing oxygen desat levels is beyond my expertise but I thought it would be a good place to start if a new mask didn't work.  Hope that helps.
That is really helpful. I have read previously a lot about the F & P Brevida nasal pillows mask and had been researching it some time ago. For me it is also worth a try as it seems that I am getting a lot of leaks these days from the Resmed P10. It does make me wonder why as it was the manic leaks from the FFM which made me resort to the P10 as there is a cult following here as we all know.
Sleepyhead in 5 easy steps
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-10-2018, 02:39 PM)Apnea Infant Wrote: For me it is also worth a try as it seems that I am getting a lot of leaks these days from the Resmed P10. .

Couldn't agree with you more.  Let us know how you make out.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
A little bit of an update. The Brevida nasal pillows did not work for me probably due to the shape of my nares. It was too uncomfortable for me to fall asleep. So I have returned to the resmed pillows which was not good for quite a few months but my sleep has settled down again after a stressful period not linked to my sleep apnea.

In time should my headaches return I might research the use of an oximeter.
Sleepyhead in 5 easy steps
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,080 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 172 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,269 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,363 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Help - 1 year CPAP - not success - help very welcome! leono85 41 2,625 03-25-2024, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Macka
  Marcin's Therapy Thread marcinpiskala 20 967 03-23-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.