Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DME sleep info vs sleepy head
DME sleep info vs sleepy head
Hello 
I've stated over the past couple of months in the resmed air sense auto set 10. I've used sleepy head to review my progress but the past month I've just gotten the info from the resp therapist at the cpap centre to tell me my ahi, leaks etc. Is this accurate info and do the dme's monitor your wireless data I definitely usually?

Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DME sleep info vs sleepy head
Monitoring indefinitely? I doubt it. Their only concern is getting paid. If it means work and they're not getting paid, probably not. Collecting data indefinitely? Probably: as once it is flipped on, it takes some small measure of effort to flip that switch off and if they're not getting paid to do it, go back to the start of this post.

Find a way to turn off the transmission of data to them. If you do not want them seeing you once they've set their claws into your machine, it's likely up to you to sever that tie.

Is their data any good? I would expect so.
There.  I said it.

OMMOHY
Contrarian in Residence  
Post Reply Post Reply
The summary data items (mainly AHI and leak rate) are the same on your machine's display and from your DME, because those are the numbers that the machine reports to Resmed & DME via wireless once every 24 hours. You can also get long-term averages from the A10's display, if you scroll around in the menus. All of that basic stuff is on the display, so there's no need to call the DME for it.

Resmed has a smartphone & web-site app called Myair (or "myAir", whatever) that you can sign up for and that will give you those same basic numbers in addition to long-term graphs of the same numbers. I think a lot of DMEs sign up their patients who have Resmed machines automatically, but if you didn't get an e-mail message about that, you can do it yourself at:

https://myair.resmed.com

None of that uses the SD card, only the cellular modem, so none of it includes the full sleep data that Sleepyhead works with.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
The DME does not collect data from your machine once your compliance period is complete or if the doctor contacts them before your appointment. As the sleep center that I went to requires you to bring in your SD card, they don't want the information, so the DME isn't going to be collecting it. They aren't going to do stuff that they aren't getting paid for.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes and no. From the DME's point of view, that's correct as far as it goes. But the information transmitted by the machine via the modem goes first to Resmed (I assume the Philips scheme works the same way), and the DME collects it from there, using Resmed's database. Someone correct me if I'm wrong about this part (I don't use myAir), but as I understand it, with a Resmed machine and myAir, you can continue to use myAir to look at your current summary data forever. In other words, the machine itself and the Resmed database and myAir, considered all together, don't depend on the DMEs in any way (it's the other way around: the DMEs depend on Resmed and Philips).
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-18-2018, 08:24 AM)Fats Drywaller Wrote: Someone correct me if I'm wrong about this part (I don't use myAir), but as I understand it, with a Resmed machine and myAir, you can continue to use myAir to look at your current summary data forever.  In other words, the machine itself and the Resmed database and myAir, considered all together, don't depend on the DMEs in any way (it's the other way around: the DMEs depend on Resmed and Philips).

I believe this is true.

I haven't corresponded with my DME in ages. All the information on MyAir suggests it's not dependent on a DME.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 4 138 03-18-2024, 08:05 AM
Last Post: chronic
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 166 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 209 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Resvent iBreeze APAP and BiPAP info TechieHippie 2 263 02-04-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
Question Anyone with head strap padding they love? UKFan643 1 257 02-02-2024, 06:01 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Help understanding OSCAR Data - Feeling Tired all day (not sleepy) elsanti1976 9 560 01-21-2024, 04:23 PM
Last Post: elsanti1976
  Do Doctors Even Have Access to Flow Limits Info? paulag1955 16 698 01-17-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: dataq1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.