Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DME supplier had wrong settings - idiots!
DME supplier had wrong settings - idiots!
I picked up a new Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset  June 7th from my local Lincare office, upgrading from a Resmed S9 autoset.
I set up a MyAir account and have been checking the results every few days. It was nice having the data sent to my phone instead of pulling the SD card and using Sleepyhead.
I was consistently getting scores between 28-68. I was also pulling off the mask on many nights.
Four days ago I went into the clinician menu to check a setting and discovered the machine was set to CPAP with a pressure of 20 instead of AUTOSET and a max pressure of 12 (per my RX). Naturally, I changed the settings and for the past three nights my scores have been 83, 92 and 81 and I haven't pulled of the mask once. I also feel just great in the morning.
Damn that Lincare!  Let this be a lesson: check your settings when you get a new machine. I just had a terrible month because of those idiots.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DME supplier had wrong settings - idiots!
The lesson may be don’t use MyAir for meaningful information.

Welcome!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DME supplier had wrong settings - idiots!
richorlin, glad you caught it and were able to set your PAP more appropriately.  How long has it been – are you feeling better yet?

Hey, now you've gotta keep us posted on your experience – don't leave us hanging, okay?

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry Former CPAP supplier over charging Bwanajohn51 2 136 03-16-2024, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51
  Apnea Worse - What am I doing wrong? John Reston 8 534 01-08-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: John Reston
  [Equipment] I have to CRANK down my full face mask to prevent leaking. What am I doing wrong? srwilsn3 17 1,428 12-13-2023, 04:08 PM
Last Post: srwilsn3
Wink Help my mom fix brainfog!!! - wrong machine settings? jra110 1 310 12-07-2023, 08:34 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  VAUTO Settings vs. CPAP Settings MrIvanDrago 9 791 11-18-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  SD card unreadable Mac - what am I doing wrong? KLib 6 442 11-17-2023, 08:19 PM
Last Post: KLib
  GRRR. DME supplier shipped ClimateLineAir Heated Tubing in a BAG DaveInDenver 4 531 11-12-2023, 10:32 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.