Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DME trying to give me a 3B Luna. Advice needed ASAP!
RE: DME trying to give me a 3B Luna. Advice needed ASAP!
So basically I have had this prescription for a week and now I have to start all over with a different DME. I'm sorry but that's Stupid. How do I find the DME that will give me what I want?
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-23-2015, 03:17 PM)SpeedyD Wrote: So basically I have had this prescription for a week and now I have to start all over with a different DME. I'm sorry but that's Stupid. How do I find the DME that will give me what I want?

Call your insurance first to see who they contract with, then start calling the DME's and ask them. Be sure to look at the list in the link in my prior post. You need to arm yourself with information before you talk to DME.

I hope your perscription states "fully data capable auto Cpap" with mask of choice.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
SpeedyD I feel for you! Stand your ground and don't accept any inferior brands.

Keep us posted!!
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-23-2015, 03:17 PM)justMongo Wrote: I believe JediMark is working on the DreamStation now.

Cool!

Last I heard, he wasn't feeling great, so I didn't know if there was any new development right now.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-23-2015, 04:17 PM)Terry Wrote:
(11-23-2015, 03:17 PM)justMongo Wrote: I believe JediMark is working on the DreamStation now.

Cool!

Last I heard, he wasn't feeling great, so I didn't know if there was any new development right now.

IIRC, there was a request by our admin for the data on a dreamstation card for Jedi Mark. I could not confirm this.

I too heard that JediMark was not well; but still coding.

check this post by member zonk:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid136763
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I found a place that will supply the Resmed machine. It's a little far from my home but the tech lives near me so we may be able to work something out. Thanks for making me persist. I'm so tired I'd just like to sleep and not deal with this. With the shipping and holiday it's looking like Monday.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-23-2015, 04:26 PM)SpeedyD Wrote: I found a place that will supply the Resmed machine. It's a little far from my home but the tech lives near me so we may be able to work something out. Thanks for making me persist. I'm so tired I'd just like to sleep and not deal with this. With the shipping and holiday it's looking like Monday.

Cool!

"Far away" is pretty much irrelevant since you only need to go there once.

Once you get your machine, all you'll need is an occasional mask and some filters, which are all easy to ship.

Post Reply Post Reply
3B Medical makes RESmart branded machines in China. They are cheap, and definitely a second tier of quality compared to Philips and Resmed. The Luna is a single pressure CPAP, and RESmart products use a proprietary efficacy reporting. It will give you some information but will never be compatible with Sleepyhead. Do NOT get this machine!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not sure that there's anything "wrong" with the 3B Luna, just that we don't know how to get the same level of data out of it that we get with the Philips Respironics PRS1, or ResMed S9 and A10 machines.

The DreamStation will probably be pretty good once a compatible version of SleepyHead is made available. Unfortunatately, I don't know when Jedimark will get around to doing that.

We don't even have access to a compatible version of Encore Basic for the Dreamstation yet. I presume one does exist, but we don't have access. SleepyHead is MUCH better than Encore in several ways.

TL:DR - I'd try pretty hard to get either the ResMed A10, or the older S9 or Philips Respironics PRS1 models.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dont accept any machine you dont want.
Personally id go with PR560 with heated hose or Dreamstation.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 164 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 14 250 Yesterday, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 853 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,778 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  Need help to find a good Luna G3 pressure. johnathanb76 13 198 03-22-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Canadian here without insurance. Purchase advice needed. TrailerSweetheart 31 5,515 03-21-2024, 06:54 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 143 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.