Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DME woes
DME woes
So I confronted my RT about the Nano and how it gets floppy and leaks after a month and she said the cushion is classified as part of the frame so it is only replaced every 3 months. So since it leaks into my eyes occasionally because it is floppy, I insisted on a new nasal mask that doesn't leak into the eyes so she gave me a sample she had of a F&P epson nasal mask. She said it was a small. I got it home and fortunately for me it was a medium/large so maybe it will work. I told her others have gotten replacement cushions for the Nano nasal but she would not budge on it so I will in 2 weeks get a brand new Mirage LT nasal and see how that works.
It's crazy.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DME woes
Below is a link to a ResMed site PDF file that shows the components of the Swift FX Nano, which I have.

My insurance company, not the RT or DME company, sets the replacement schedule. They told the DME to send me six cushions for the next three months - 2 per month. I said I thought that was a lot but the insurance company insisted I change the cushion twice a month for health reasons.

http://www.resmed.com/us/assets/document...er_eng.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Lukie She is not correct. The cushion is NOT a part of the frame. It is sickening that DME's and the RT's have no clue or pretend to have no clue what is allowed. I don't know what company you use but maybe you can shop around and ask them questions about the replacement schedules. If they know them and know them correctly, that is a big part of the battle. I really like my new DME.
Post Reply Post Reply
I live in a kind of rural area of Vermont. Our DME is the only game in town if you want Medicare and Insurance to pay for things. They are the folks that send your sleep data to the sleep lab etc etc. I could shake them loose and order online but I would lose a lot of money that way.
Post Reply Post Reply
That being said, my RT is about to replace my hose and give me a new mask so I do want to try the mirage LT nasal mask as the Nano does leak towards the eyes quite a bit.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Lukie,
I know what you mean, that was one of the problems I had with the Nano because for me, even the smallest cushion was too big and it kept moving up toward my eyes and caused leaks.
Hopefully, the new mask will work better for you and maybe they can figure out the cushion schedule on it.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
My DME showed me how to fill my F&P S600 humidifier tank by putting a funnel into the air discharge port of the machine (tank still installed) where it would then trickle down into the removable tank.

The manual clearly warns not to do that and shows using the funnel to fill the tank after it was removed from the machine!
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-30-2014, 07:34 PM)Lukie Wrote: I live in a kind of rural area of Vermont. Our DME is the only game in town if you want Medicare and Insurance to pay for things. They are the folks that send your sleep data to the sleep lab etc etc. I could shake them loose and order online but I would lose a lot of money that way.

So I'm guessing that since you had no intention of changing or even challenging the DME, you were just venting. Perfectly fine but a heads up would be nice. Good luck.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-31-2014, 12:53 PM)JohnNJ Wrote:
(01-30-2014, 07:34 PM)Lukie Wrote: I live in a kind of rural area of Vermont. Our DME is the only game in town if you want Medicare and Insurance to pay for things. They are the folks that send your sleep data to the sleep lab etc etc. I could shake them loose and order online but I would lose a lot of money that way.

So I'm guessing that since you had no intention of changing or even challenging the DME, you were just venting. Perfectly fine but a heads up would be nice. Good luck.

Of course I challenged the DME. I am waiting for the word from the head manager. I think I will probably end up with a diff. mask. But If the new mask is as good as the Nano has been in reducing my AHI, I may change masks, however if it is as bad as the Eson F&P I may see what a provider in Burlington has to offer. I think they do deliver to this area.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-31-2014, 02:17 PM)Lukie Wrote: Of course I challenged the DME. I am waiting for the word from the head manager. I think I will probably end up with a diff. mask. But If the new mask is as good as the Nano has been in reducing my AHI, I may change masks, however if it is as bad as the Eson F&P I may see what a provider in Burlington has to offer. I think they do deliver to this area.

Good for you. Your first concern should be a balance between your financial coverage and your comfort with this therapy. It doesn't work well if you don't use it or can't even get it.

Be polite but firm and do not take no for an answer. Wink
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Recently Diagnosed - Mask Woes DiscipleGeek 3 427 07-26-2023, 11:22 AM
Last Post: gainerfull
  New APAP Purchase Woes jgunders 3 720 09-14-2022, 04:20 PM
Last Post: withtao
  ResMed AirSense10 Woes onyxdragun 1 1,099 02-19-2019, 04:42 PM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  Blocked Hose / Dreamwear FFM woes wishicansleep 3 1,309 09-03-2018, 05:43 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  My CPAP Woes onyxdragun 4 1,194 04-30-2018, 05:04 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  central apnea woes fiur 6 1,670 02-05-2017, 05:23 PM
Last Post: Gideon
Money Respironics 460 Humidifer Woes oldandtired 9 2,084 08-25-2016, 02:32 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.