Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DME woes
RE: DME woes
One must keep in mind that they are your financial *adversary* Why?
Because you are paying in buckets of cash every month.(premiums) in addition to co-pays and/or deductables.

They make money by weasling out of honoring your claims!
(Even if they pay off all claims and then some they still make a barrel of money on float because they take your premiums and invest them in high return securities!)

So if they balk at delivering you a $50 mask part when you need it, then smack them with a 2X4 (but make it look like an accident since I would never reccomend any real violence. Nope. )

=~.6=
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
They are not doing you any favors by providing you with supplies. You are the one in charge of your health. You pay the bills, either through insurance or directly. Which in turn fills their pay check. Just be firm and direct and they will usually respond likewise.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well I'm just going to switch to a new nasal mask that has replaceable cushions (at least one a month). I have even called ResMed about the Nano's cushion reimbursement schedule and they also confirmed the 1 every 3 month Medicare schedule.
I used the Nano last night and it leaked quite a bit so a new and different mask is in order anyway.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sometimes it is the DME, other times the RT...good for you, Lukie, in being active and engaged when it comes to your health. I had a few hiccups with my DME...fortunately, I was able to pick up the phone and call the owner. She got things handled and let me know the information that the RT should have. For now, they still have me as a client...but I've become more engaged as well and am looking for the best things for me...not just what they want to give me. I'd say my relationship with my DME has become non-exclusive.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-03-2014, 11:30 AM)Lukie Wrote: Well I'm just going to switch to a new nasal mask that has replaceable cushions (at least one a month). I have even called ResMed about the Nano's cushion reimbursement schedule and they also confirmed the 1 every 3 month Medicare schedule.
I used the Nano last night and it leaked quite a bit so a new and different mask is in order anyway.

I can't tell by looking at the photos of the nano. When you are cleaning it, are you able to take the cushion out from the frame to wash it or is the cushion permanently attached to the frame and you have to wash both of them at the same time?
Post Reply Post Reply
From what I remember, the Nano's cushion was on a ball-&-socket type thing and you could remove it.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
U can detach it both from the hose and the soft plastic frame.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-04-2014, 12:24 AM)Lukie Wrote: U can detach it both from the hose and the soft plastic frame.

okay so it doesn't make sense why you only get a cushion every 3 months. Even with FFM, you get a cushion monthly. It seems like they are telling you every 3 months but they are talking about replacing the frame AND the cushion which is accurate.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Recently Diagnosed - Mask Woes DiscipleGeek 3 428 07-26-2023, 11:22 AM
Last Post: gainerfull
  New APAP Purchase Woes jgunders 3 724 09-14-2022, 04:20 PM
Last Post: withtao
  ResMed AirSense10 Woes onyxdragun 1 1,099 02-19-2019, 04:42 PM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  Blocked Hose / Dreamwear FFM woes wishicansleep 3 1,310 09-03-2018, 05:43 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  My CPAP Woes onyxdragun 4 1,195 04-30-2018, 05:04 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  central apnea woes fiur 6 1,670 02-05-2017, 05:23 PM
Last Post: Gideon
Money Respironics 460 Humidifer Woes oldandtired 9 2,086 08-25-2016, 02:32 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.