Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DME won't supply Resmed machine without Doc's request
Angry 
DME won't supply Resmed machine without Doc's request
I'm getting the run-around once again by Preferred Homecare, a.k.a. Lincare.  I'm due to get a replacement APAP through Medicare and the DME calls to say they have an iBreeze unit ready.  I tell them I've been using Resmed's Airsense 10 APAP for 5 years and getting great results and don't want to switch to another brand of machine that uses different algorithms.  They then tell me they have an Airsense in stock but don't want to give it to me unless it is specified in the doc's prescription.  

Of course this is all BS and we know that the DME makes more money from dispensing these cheaper knock-off machines.  My doctor seems to have patience but this is the third time this year I'll need to contact his office and ask him to prepare a new Rx and deal with the DME again because of their unique way of conducting business.   Any suggestions?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DME won't supply Resmed machine without Doc's request
Yep, have the doctor write a script stating the exact machine you want. Have him state "Dispense as Written" on the script. Also ask him to send you a copy.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Will do Opal -- thanks for your comments. Hopefully the doc will see through this charade and be reluctant to recommend this DME to his patients, if he already hasn't started doing so. After the pandemic began to wind down, I've seen a couple of new DMEs open up for business.
Post Reply Post Reply
You may want to start checking out other DME's if they're not cooperative. You don't have to stick with any one DME.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help request... zsearcher 23 1,184 9 hours ago
Last Post: zsearcher
  [Pressure] Request Recommendation for a Dial Manometer Samwrites 4 118 03-24-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 161 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  new machine Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Uzupan 32 1,347 03-10-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Uzupan
Exclaimation OSCAR: OSCAR Beta Tester Request Crimson Nape 1 709 02-23-2024, 06:56 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  [Equipment] Are the ResMed Aircurve 10 S and ResMed Aircurve 10 VAuto the "exact same machine"? kkjacks 3 267 02-20-2024, 06:34 PM
Last Post: kkjacks
  [CPAP] New with CPAP Request Assist with OSCAR Charts YankeeLaker 18 1,120 01-30-2024, 07:56 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.