Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Phillips Amara + chinstrap
Humidifier: RESMED S9
CPAP Pressure: 5 to 17
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: DOT Compliance
January 2013, micro sleep on a motorbike due to sleep apnea had me with a shopping list of injuries, nearly 2 months in hospital, 2 weeks in ICU, 4 days in a coma, 15 procedures to correct the damage to my body and a barrage of tests afterwards to diagnose the cause - sleep apnea, although I still have a loop monitor implanted to monitor cardiology issues (occasional drop in HR to below 30 BPM). I voluntarily gave up my license during this time and only just regained it last week after satisfying the managing medico that all was fine. I am thankful every day that I was the only person injured in my accident (other than my pride and joy Bandit motorbike), luckily the 4wd I hit had a bull bar which I made a mess of.

Please consider this as you are driving kids around in that bus that it is not just you that you need to think of, other lives are on the line. Some take to CPAP easily others don't, but you have a responsibility to society as well to make the right decision.
(This post was last modified: 06-24-2014 05:45 AM by ThatOtherGuy.)
06-24-2014 05:44 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
vcottom Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: System One BiPap Pro
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Fisher&Paykel 481
Humidifier: DS
CPAP Pressure: 11 > 18
CPAP Software: SleepyHead Other Software

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: DOT Compliance
(06-23-2014 08:44 PM)HoseMan Wrote:  
(06-23-2014 10:40 AM)Lynn Wrote:  I drive a school bus 2 hrs in the morning 2 hrs in the afternoon. I totally understand the sleep apnea problem. My issue is that when you are sent for a sleep study, (I went two weeks ago) you are pretty much going back for the machine test. (which I just did last week), it seems to me that you are getting the Cpap machine before you even get there to be tested. How can any of the tests be accurate? All the wires...different environment...I did sleep some while I was there the first time, but when I went back to use the machine, I slept very little if any. It choked me! I was freaked out! Water was dripping inside the mask and it was making loud noises. I finally had to call to have it unhooked before the test was over. I haven't been back to the sleep Dr. yet, but my question is this, will I have to use the machine to be DOT compliant, or is there another direction that I can go in so that I don't have to use it? I don't have a problem sleeping and I am not sleepy during the day. Help!

Compliance for CDL is.. 4 hour's 5 day's a week.My company uses a 3rd party.They monitor my usage by wireless transmitter on back of machine.If I'm not compliant.I will be inform'd by my employer&I'm deadlined for driving for atleast a week till I show compliance.

My box also has a cell phone device on the back of it. I accidentally broke the antenna right after I got it, and have never got around to taking it in for repairs. I think they don't check them anyway, or they would have contacted me during the last 14 months I have been using it. I use "Sleepy Head" and print a report every 30 days if the VA ever questions me about using it.
12-02-2014 05:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Insurance woes: Who has my "compliance" and "post pap" documentation? luminous 8 1,168 08-15-2016 12:09 AM
Last Post: SaldusMiegas
  CPAP Compliance Willky 16 983 08-02-2016 07:03 AM
Last Post: Willky
  [CPAP] CPAP COMPLIANCE dizzy1 8 720 06-04-2016 12:32 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Compliance times on Philips Dreamstation jeroen1758 3 524 05-15-2016 10:27 PM
Last Post: robysue
Thumbsup Finished Compliance Phase! allynpsych 7 526 05-13-2016 11:35 AM
Last Post: robertbuckley
Question [split] Question About Compliance Data BreatheBetter 2 312 05-12-2016 09:37 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Doctor followup on Compliance FrankNichols 20 1,309 05-08-2016 06:03 PM
Last Post: 0rangebear