Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DREAMSTATION WHISTLE
I bought one of these machines less than a week ago. Compared to my old machine (Resmed) it is very noisy. There is a harmonic droning sound on breathing in and out. Probably faulty bearings.

I have a question - the above people who took their machines back and got replacements - what happens to these replaced machines? Do they get re-sold again as a new machine to new customers like myself?

This is unethical, especially when dealing with medical equipment.

The machines should be tested for noises at the factory before they are sold. This all wastes customers time.
I have heard it costs too much to send goods back to the manufacturer and their policy is to simply pass the problem onto someone else.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-08-2017, 05:37 AM)Collin Wrote: I bought one of these machines less than a week ago. Compared to my old machine (Resmed) it is very noisy. There is a harmonic droning  sound on breathing in and out. Probably faulty bearings.

I have  a question - the above people who took their machines back and got replacements - what happens to these replaced machines? Do they get re-sold again as a new machine to new customers like myself?

This is unethical, especially when dealing with medical equipment.

The machines should be tested for noises at the factory before they are sold. This all wastes customers time.
I have heard it costs too much to send goods back to the manufacturer and their policy is to simply pass the problem  onto someone else.

Hi Collin, 

I can't say for sure what happens to the "faulty" machines, but we kept on our supplier to get a replacement.  We also kept track of the serial numbers of the machines that we have had.  If its any consolation, it would appear, at least in our situation, that we are getting newer (better?) machines. (still don't know where the old ones go..) 

I agree that going back to the supplier is a waste of time but that's the only way to get your machine replaced. I don't know why the manufacturer has such poor quality control on their machines.  Maybe we (the consumers) should be contacting them directly and bypassing the provider as this problem seems to be more and more common (at least here on the forum)

Wishing you luck on getting a new and quiet machine! Smile

I'm not the "sleeper" but I am his messenger
Wave
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with comfort settings Phillips DreamStation Annie66 4 110 Yesterday, 09:40 PM
Last Post: Walla Walla
  Noisy DreamStation BandMom 46 14,081 10-15-2017, 09:31 PM
Last Post: Cbarrios
  Dreamstation heated hose temp repair fix Corvette817 11 384 10-14-2017, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Newbie with DreamStation beeping sounds dtaski 4 189 10-13-2017, 06:04 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  DreamStation Go and ResMed AirMini (Excessive Noise) Group 7 Racer 3 222 10-13-2017, 12:09 AM
Last Post: David Govan
  [Equipment] Philips DreamStation CPAP linda61 10 327 10-10-2017, 06:18 PM
Last Post: linda61
  Reras and Dreamstation v Airsense10 marcus10 14 1,400 10-02-2017, 12:13 PM
Last Post: fitmart