Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamstation 1 Repair NOT Replace Options
Dreamstation 1 Repair NOT Replace Options
Recently I heard that Philips received FDA approval for the repair kit for the machines that are part of the foam-based recall.  I have a Dreamstation 1 that I purchased in February 2021 that is part of the recall and I would like to get it repaired and not replaced with a DS 2.  Does anyone know how to communicate this to Philips?  I actually have the DS Go and the DS1 which I specifically picked so that I could have consistent OSCAR support between the two machines. I have called the Philips recall phone number twice and my experience with person taking the call was not helpful.  They were nice enough, just completely unable to do anything at all.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamstation 1 Repair NOT Replace Options
My guess is that they will have the repair centres (and contractor repair centres) busy with replacing foams in all of the upper-tier units (hospitals, sleep study centres, etc) for a while.   Consumer level stuff is being swapped out with DS2s.
When they get low-hour DS1's like yours, they might refurb it and send it elsewhere.

If I was able to choose, I'd rather get a revised air chamber and a new blower so that I could DIY my own upgrade.
But there's no way they're going to "approve" end-users DIYing medical grade equipment.

In any case, I've become attached to my Resmed AS-10 loaner.. I think I plan on being a Resmed user from now on.
Post Reply Post Reply
My understanding is they are taking the old DS1 sent back by the first batch of people (around 200,000). Refurbishing them and sending them out to recall customers. Then you send in your old ds1 and they repeat the process. You wont receive your DS1 you will actually get some other persons.

In general the ResMed is a better machine. I would urge you to just get one of those.
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
One person who received a refurb DS1 opened up the info screen in the provider menu and displayed the machine hours which were zero. Apparently they are replacing the air chamber and the blower. The machine received was the blower section and a pollen filter. Instructions said to remove the modem, SD card, and the humidifier from the old unit and transfer them to the new unit, making sure there are no foam particles in the humidifier, mask, or hose. Continue to use the original power brick.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do you know when to replace a mask? Lanners 1 82 03-26-2024, 10:52 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Cool New Backup Machine doesn't have menu options mcse350 2 195 02-28-2024, 03:38 PM
Last Post: mcse350
  Replace mask: recommendations too often? BlueSky1958 1 244 01-28-2024, 10:22 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 577 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  When do I REALLY need to replace items? BlueSky1958 19 1,068 12-13-2023, 10:39 AM
Last Post: ejbpesca
  ResMed S10 Air Filter Options MoreBeers 9 1,874 12-08-2023, 12:34 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Stomach Sleeper Mask Options LikeaGlove90 13 1,151 12-08-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.