Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DS1>DS2 and DreamMapper Access with PC Issue
DS1>DS2 and DreamMapper Access with PC Issue
I had posted a related post to the software section, but this main section may get more views for those that are receiving DreamStation 2 units to replace a recalled DreamStation 1.

For the almost two years I've had the DS1 I would check my 'numbers' daily in the morning on my desktop PC using the DreamMapper software. This relied on the DS1 sending in the data via the cellular modem to the server sometime in the morning after I shut off the machine. It was easy, quick, and reliable to look at the AHI, hours, and mask fit. If something was amiss I could pull the card and look at it with OSCAR which was seldom. Bluetooth to my tablet usually wasn't great and too much time spent just to get it to connect most times. BT on any other device works great, just not the DS1.

My replacement DS2 arrived via FEDEX early this week. Compared the the DS1 I can't say I like the design and it presents some problems placing it on top of a small nightstand due to how it would need to be oriented and for this reason I'll continue to use the DS1 for a while and possibly as a backup if and when I get things sorted out.

I powered up the DS2 to ensure it was functional. During powering the DS2 connected to the server and downloaded my settings. It also found its way into DreamMapper and changed my DS1 primary device serial number to that of the DS2. The immediate consequence of the serial number change to the DS2 is that when the DS1 now calls in, the server no longer recognizes the DS1 to acquire the data and hasn't for a couple nights. There is a place in the DreamMapper settings to add a secondary device which I presume allows the server software to receive data from either of two registered devices. I entered the DS1 serial number as the secondary device and at least for one night still was not recognized. (Shown in attached screenshot)

I called my DME this morning and related the above. I wasn't sure if the DME had to enable the secondary device as on the settings edit page there was a message,"Please contact your Home Care Provider to update your Device Serial Number.". The rep at the DME stated they don't do this and suggested contacting the DreamMapper folks. She also said they've had many other calls with the same or similar issue. The DME rep did however indicate that I had received the DS2 and had the correct serial number, so they appear to be in the loop of the recall. Any future supplies I'm scheduled to get are now tagged for the DS2.

After the DME call, I shot an email off to DreamMapper. I don't have high expectations of a quick response.

In summary, if you plan on continued use of your DreamStation 1, defoamed or otherwise and you use the DreamMapper via a computer, powering up the replacement DreamStation 2 may cause issues of the DreamMapper server collecting data from your DreamStation 1 when the cellular modem connection is used. I was able to update the DS1 DreamMapper data after struggling with a BT connection for about 20 minutes and it did finally transfer to the DreamMapper via WiFi/Internet (not something I want to do daily).

If anyone knows of a fix for the non-communicating secondary device, any ideas would be appreciated.

[Image: KO0tsgx.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DS1>DS2 and DreamMapper Access with PC Issue
I stopped using dream mapper years ago. Does both machines have a modem?
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
Both machines equipped with modems. The DreamMapper modem host is only capable of one machine. Philips/Respironics switched the DreamMapper modem access to the DreamStation 2 when it was powered up and killed off the DreamStation 1.

Yeah, it wouldn't work for you too well to use DreamMapper with a Resmed machine as they aren't compatible. myAIR is for Resmed machines.
https://www.resmed.com/en-us/healthcare-...ent/myair/
Post Reply Post Reply
DS2 files are encrypted so you won't be able to use them in any way shape or form other than the dream mapper, so that's the first issue with DS2 in that you won't be able to use OSCAR with it.
The second issue is that since you are not supposed to use your DS1 due to recals, then I wouldn't be surprised if they changed their server so it will ignore the DS1 once its been updated to DS2.
That being said, the DS1 memory card should still record your data and should work with OSCAR as normal.
Post Reply Post Reply
@S. Manz

- I have had no need to use OSCAR other than idle curiosity. Checking DreamMapper daily has been sufficient and easy to see how my numbers looked (AHI 0.8 this morning). I do understand its usefulness of OSCAR to folks that are having issues optimizing the therapy.
- Email correspondence from DreamMapper Support stated cell modem server can not have two numbers assigned and thus the DS2 was subsequently reassigned as the primary machine when it was powered up. The DS1 wasn't disabled for the reason of not to use. Bluetooth can have a secondary machine and the DS1 could be accessed in that way, but not convenient and the DS1 BT was not great in establishing a reliable connection. DreamMapper Support had noticed that I had accessed the DS1 via Bluetooth after the cell modem was no longer an option.
- The DS1 was returned to Philips. If it goes into a pool of machines being refurbished it may help someone on the waiting list for a machine to get one quicker. If I need another machine at some point I'll consider a Resmed out of pocket.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weird O2ring issue cps22 0 30 4 hours ago
Last Post: cps22
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 102 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,411 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,375 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  Airsense 10 / Oscar clock issue. pixpop 1 103 03-15-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: pixpop
  hypertension issue PaulaO2 19 663 03-04-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
Question A New Machine Issue and Another Thing! pamm777 1 186 03-02-2024, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.