Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dial It In Help
Dial It In Help
Hi Folks,
I've been treated for mild apnea for 23 years, mostly with fixed titration around 7-8cmH20. I recently got my replacement DS2 from Philips and got more interested in managing my own therapy since I don't see anyone regularly. I've read a lot about raising the "bottom" setting when using apap mode, or simply using cpap mode set to my historical average when using the Dreamstation as the Philips algorithms seem to lag in response comparatively. For the last several nights I have been using apap mode with a minimum setting of 7 and a max setting of 12 (average historical delivery is 8.5, or so) with relatively good results, or so I think. I still seem to average 2-3 AHI per night, and I'm wondering if you can take a look at my latest Oscar report and let me know if you see anything glaring.

There but for the grace of God go I... breathing occasionally since 1959.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dial It In Help
I think you have a pretty good grasp of the "lag" in the Respiroinics response algorithm, and when variable breathing occurs (shaded areas on your chart), the auto algorithm is taken offline in favor of the VB algorithm. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._Breathing With a closer zoom of your respiration rate, we could probably tell more, but my impression based on the events and patterns here is that you would benefit from a minimum pressure of 8.0 and possibly up to 9.0. If you want to get into this a little deeper, provide a zoomed view of your chart showing a 3-4 minute segment so we can see the respiratory wave. A Resmed with EPR would likely smooth out this respiration a lot and resolve most of the events we see. The Philips machines make me nuts sometimes because there are so few options to address these problems.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the response... I hope to get that AirSense 10 if my insurance company will play nice. Here's a zoomed view for you.

Post Reply Post Reply
Classic profile from a Philips machine! Most breaths are flow limited with irregular inspiratory peaks indicating some flow obstruction at the peak flow. The expiratory cycle is very short duration, high flow and ends with a pulse caused by the Philips Flex returning to CPAP pressure before inspiration begins. It looks pretty awful. What are your flex settings?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Flex is set to OFF.
Post Reply Post Reply
See if it makes any difference to set A-Flex to 1 or 2. I'm not a big fan of Flex, but it might smooth-out these transitions.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Will do. I’ll try it for a couple nights and let you know in this thread what happens.
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Long Time PAPer Trying to Dial It In again! dlbzone 5 268 04-11-2024, 09:26 PM
Last Post: dlbzone
  [Pressure] Request Recommendation for a Dial Manometer Samwrites 4 188 03-24-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Sleepster
  New APAP user - looking to dial it in. taxprof1122 4 533 01-06-2024, 11:23 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  New OSCAR user, trying to dial in settings tundranapper 4 657 10-05-2021, 04:47 PM
Last Post: tundranapper
  Trying to dial in the S10 for replacement of DS: Phaleronic 3 616 08-15-2021, 07:07 PM
Last Post: Melman
  [Equipment] Dreamstation dial not working KuriApollo 7 1,654 03-21-2020, 10:52 AM
Last Post: KuriApollo
  First 2 weeks of BiPap, looking to dial it in AFAIK 6 1,204 08-14-2019, 10:01 PM
Last Post: Dormeo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.