Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DS2 - Pressure changes during long inhale ?
DS2 - Pressure changes during long inhale ?
My median inhale rate is around 2 seconds.  When I try a random long inhale, somewhere around the 3 or 4 second range the DS2 abruptly reduces the support pressure. Im not sure by how much but I can physically feel it (like a light thump) and the blower motor 'whine' changes.
Defect ?
User-protection ?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DS2 - Pressure changes during long inhale ?
Post an OSCAR graph, this way the phenomenon can be verified and/or measured.

If you don't have the DS2 supported OSCAR (Alpah) you can request it from member Gideon
Post Reply Post Reply
You list your DS2 as an advanced auto in your profile. Are you using a bi-level model? If so, you may have a Ti Max (IPAP pressure maximum time) setting. The "Ti" is based on my knowledge of a Resmed. Your Philips may use different terminology.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Afaik, the machine is called an "advanced auto", but its not a bilevel.  It just has cpap/apap and an exhale relief function.
I only had a few days on it before I returned it to the DME to investigate loud whine from it, so I dont have it on hand currently.

Attached screenshots (#2 with a bit more zoom)
When I get it back, I'll have to approach this more scientifically and note the time I did the inhale-test.  I think this is one though as its early in the night.
I'm wondering now if it's actually kicking into epap pressure relief (I have set to 1) in a predictive/learned timing ?
When I feel the 'thump' of pressure change, im still inhaling at the same rate (but of course the change in pressure disturbs this a bit) and I continue inhaling for a second or so after.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-15-2022, 10:51 AM)DaveCar Wrote: When I feel the 'thump' of pressure change, im still inhaling at the same rate (but of course the change in pressure disturbs this a bit) and I continue inhaling for a second or so after.

Does your mask have an Anti-Axphigia Valve?

The long inhale could be drawing more air than the device is capable of providing. This results in the AA valve opening, the "thump" and change in sensation.

Try with a different mask, or a mirror so you can observe the valve.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-15-2022, 12:25 PM)Dog Slobber Wrote: Does your mask have an Anti-Axphigia Valve?

It's an F30 mask.  According to the manual, that little flappy door thing in the elbow is indeed an anti-asphyxia valve.
This doesnt seem to happen on the AS-10 machine with the same mask though.
But.. it might just be a marginal difference in pressure/flow between the two machines allowing it to happen.
When I get the DS2 back, I will observe that valve.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Long story short chronic 5 380 02-18-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: chronic
Sad [Treatment] Long term user, but still tired Bleached 2 559 02-14-2024, 03:11 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Treatment] Aerophagia + Long Sleep Times jambo99 1 215 02-07-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Long time CPAP user, first time here. Any insight is appreciated! TwoFistedWonderBrain 7 614 02-06-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,637 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  Long time CPAP user still fatigued enigmatic 101 6,805 12-02-2023, 01:46 AM
Last Post: enigmatic
  jagged inhale--machine malfunction? mayalass 7 504 10-13-2023, 03:30 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.