Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DST ends @0200 Sunday AM in most of the USA
For those of you who set your PAP internal clocks to local time...
DST ends @0200 Sunday AM in most US states.
[Image: daD6uvCm.jpg]
"Since this country was founded, each generation of Americans has been summoned to give testimony to its national loyalty. The graves of young Americans who answered the call to service surround the globe." JFK Jan 20, 1961
Post Reply Post Reply
Annoyed-and-disappointed That means my "Atomic Alarm Clock" which never picks up the WWV signal (yet me living room clock does) and the stupid clock in the car. Perturbed

Thumbs-down-1 to time change.

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
We can probably move this thread to O.T. tomorrow.
I've never gotten a reliable signal from WWV Ft Collins.
Why don't they make a clock that gets a time signal from one GPS bird?
"Since this country was founded, each generation of Americans has been summoned to give testimony to its national loyalty. The graves of young Americans who answered the call to service surround the globe." JFK Jan 20, 1961
Post Reply Post Reply

That would be an improvement or least RDS if it has a FM tuner like my Sangean weather radio.

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
I don't bother with time, change it once and you'll have to change it again
Stock markets don't run on my PAP machine clock, otherwise they would crash Too-funny

It does not apply to PR machines but the new DreamStation machine have some sort of clock can set on the 1/2 hour or something like that, I'll need to check on that. F&P Icon, S9, AirSense 10 instructions:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._the_clock
Post Reply Post Reply
About a week ago I got a note from ResMed about the time change and how to avoid sleep problems because of it. Not a word about changing the clock in my machine. Too embarrassing to mention taking the machine to a clinician twice a year, I suppose. I'll change it before I put any sleep data on it tonight. All my other computers do it for me.
Post Reply Post Reply

(10-31-2015, 10:19 AM)justMongo Wrote: We can probably move this thread to O.T. tomorrow.
I've never gotten a reliable signal from WWV in Ft Collins.
Why don't they make a clock that gets a time signal from one GPS bird?

The signal from the GPS is up in the gigahertz and doesn't penetrate structures very well. The signal from WWV (actually WWVB) in Fort Collins is at an extremely low frequency (60 Khz)which does penetrate buildings, but it uses groundwave only transmission - it can't bounce of the ionosphere like shortwave radio. Coverage out west is very spotty, which they never mention when they sell you the clock.

You could try putting the clock by a window overnight or even outside under cover. That's what I do and from time to time it works - I am in a area where the signal from Fort Collins at 60 khz is very marginal.

If there is rebar or metal in your walls that will block all radio signals to some extent, and more effectively the lower the frequency.

Also, the GPS satellites aren't updated for "leap seconds" so they can be a bit out. If you use a time server to update your PC time then just after it is updated that will be your most accurate time display. Windows 10 does this automatically once a day but a PC can still drift several seconds during the day.

Your Android phone, if it has a WIFI signal, will be accurate to +- 60 seconds since Android doesn't keep track of seconds for some strange reason.

Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

The above is my opinion.  It is just possible that I may, occasionally, be mistaken.

I am neither a Doctor, nor any other kind of medical professional.

Everything put together sooner or later falls apart.
Your brain is not the boss.
Our forefathers took drugs.
He's no fun he fell right over.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm in a Faraday cage.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm in a Leyden jar. (the first liar doesn't have a chance) Wink
Post Reply Post Reply

I'm in Texas. Everything's bigger. Even the sky. I get a decent signal at night in that if I leave my watch in that sweet spot it gets the signal every night. During the day, not so much.
Sleepster
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply