Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

DST ends @0200 Sunday AM in most of the USA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4EUTMPuvHo
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum
Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-31-2015, 07:40 PM)Sleepster Wrote: I'm in Texas. Everything's bigger. Even the sky. I get a decent signal at night in that if I leave my watch in that sweet spot it gets the signal every night. During the day, not so much.

The coverage differs by time of day. See the coverage maps here:

http://www.nist.gov/pml/div688/grp40/vb-coverage.cfm
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

I am neither a Doctor, nor any other kind of medical professional.

Actually you know, it is what it isn't.
Post Reply Post Reply
How do you change the time clock in this CPAP machine: IntelliPAP AutoAdjust Travel CPAP Machine with SmartFlex?

I had no idea that people had to change the clocks to their PAPs twice a year. I appreciate your help.

Quip
Be the change that you wish to see in the world
Post Reply Post Reply

(11-01-2015, 01:55 AM)quip Wrote: How do you change the time clock in this CPAP machine: IntelliPAP AutoAdjust Travel CPAP Machine with SmartFlex?

I had no idea that people had to change the clocks to their PAPs twice a year. I appreciate your help.

Quip
Just googled it and come up with this info, hope that is you're asking about
[The module you put on the back of the machine will maintain the time/date, then when you put the SD card into your computer/card reader and upload to the software, the correct time will be there. To 'reset' your machine, you just need to unplug and then replug the unit into the power source. You will also find that the module will adjust automatically to Daylight Savings Time or Standard, if you participate in that. It is based on the time zone you chose in setting up you patient info in the software]

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-01-2015, 01:55 AM)quip Wrote: How do you change the time clock in this CPAP machine: IntelliPAP AutoAdjust Travel CPAP Machine with SmartFlex?

Quip

(11-01-2015, 03:24 AM)zonk Wrote: Just googled it and come up with this info, hope that is you're asking about
[The module you put on the back of the machine will maintain the time/date, then when you put the SD card into your computer/card reader and upload to the software, the correct time will be there. To 'reset' your machine, you just need to unplug and then replug the unit into the power source. You will also find that the module will adjust automatically to Daylight Savings Time or Standard, if you participate in that. It is based on the time zone you chose in setting up you patient info in the software]

Zonk, I don't quite have Devilbiss SmartLink module yet for my IntelliPAP AutoAdjust travel CPAP machine. Yes, my IntelliPAP AutoAdjust travel CPAP machine is only 10 days out of the box (brand new). But, I was told by the people over at Supplier #1 that since I had a Mac that I shouldn't get the software and Devilbiss SmartLink module with SD card. So, since I depend solely on Smartcode right now until I can figure out how to obtain Sleepyhead . . . I will attempt to change my PAP clock using the patient settings. .
Be the change that you wish to see in the world
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a La Crosse digital clock I keep set to GMT and it syncs to Ft Collins whenever it gets to midnight. Computer monitors are within about a foot of the clock. It will sync if the monitors are turned off. It will not sync if the monitors are turned on. BTW, monitor frequency is 60 hz. If it doesn't pick up the signal at midnight (6:00 PM local), then it picks it up overnight once I turn off the monitors.

But, we are back to normal time and away from what I consider a frivolous exercise of daylight savings time.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply

(10-31-2015, 10:19 AM)justMongo Wrote: I've never gotten a reliable signal from WWV Ft Collins.
Why don't they make a clock that gets a time signal from one GPS bird?

I think there are GPS clocks that do this, but unfortunately, they're not the cheap consumer grade stuff. The GPS time clock does NOT take leap seconds into account. However, there is data in the GPS signal that provides the offset between GPS time and CUT standard time.

I bought a prepaid Moto E Android phone the other day for $29. It works fine without being activated with a cell network and has a GPS. I guess you could use it as a GPS clock, but Androids supposedly synch the clock to GPS, but don't do the leap second adjustment. http://www.zdnet.com/article/the-time-di...-is-wrong/

The article is a few years old. Maybe Google finally fixed it by now. I need to play with mine and experiment on this. Mine is currently about 4 seconds out of synch, which makes not sense in a "GPS" sense. It did do the DST shift.

The GPS essentials app DOES show the correct UTC time synched to the leap seconds.

I guess you could buy a cheap android and use it as a GPS based clock, but the time handling still seems a little wonky. GPS Essentials seems to show the correct time, even if Android time is off, but it's just a tiny little time display. It seems someone could make a good "correct" GPS time display app that uses the whole display.

There's a new phase modulation scheme that's been added to WWVB. Supposedly, it is much easier to pick up. Unfortunately, there don't seem to be many (any?) cheap clocks that pick it up.
Get the free SleepyHead software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-01-2015, 01:55 AM)quip Wrote: I had no idea that people had to change the clocks to their PAPs twice a year. I appreciate your help.

You don't need to change it. In fact, if you've never changed it it's been wrong all summer and you never knew!

The only reason to change it is to make the time you see on software like SleepyHead match the actual time of day. Not a necessity and I think there's a way to make SleepyHead adjust for it, anyway.
Sleepster
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-01-2015, 08:30 AM)archangle Wrote: I guess you could buy a cheap android and use it as a GPS based clock, but the time handling still seems a little wonky.

No version of Android keeps track of seconds, so your android device can be off by almost a minute either way.

Just the way they built the OS, for some strange reason.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

I am neither a Doctor, nor any other kind of medical professional.

Actually you know, it is what it isn't.
Post Reply Post Reply

What is this changing of clocks you speak of? Here in AZ we are real men (and women) and change entire time zones. DielaughingDielaughing

Homer
Post Reply Post Reply