Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Saving OSCAR preferences
RE: Saving OSCAR preferences
(06-06-2021, 10:54 AM)A KLERK Wrote: I guess he refers to changes in Preferences/Events and Preferences/Waveforms, like changing colors, names, Max or min numbers that can be done but are not saved. I complained about that a long time ago and was told that could only be repaired when we really understand the code used...
I presume it'll have to wait for the longawaited renewal of the User Interface Smile

Yup, that's what he refers to! Oh well, if it's a long-standing issue I won't waste my time trying to find out what I'm doing wrong. I can live with it.

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Have you tried to reduce your font scaling prior to starting OSCAR? This may be a workaround.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, I just lost ALL my OSCAR data - my complete profile - by restarting my computer while OSCAR was running. That, and its failure to save preferences consistently, point to a problem with memory caching. Programs should tell Windows that they're still busy if they haven't written to disk and it seems that this isn't happening. I'm guessing that closing OCAR using the exit command does trigger a tidy up . Anyway, I'm pensioning off this laptop so I'll see whether the problem persists on the new one.

Thanks for all your suggestions everyone.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just wanted to add that I've also had issues with certain settings not "saving" eg: setting SpO2 drops to "span" instead of flag, and changing the pulse ox settings in the pulse ox tab (though I found I could alter the 88% low value through the waveform screen. I do hope at some stage it can be fixed to persist, especially as some of the settings do, but not others.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Questions about the Oximetry Preferences setting.... Lucky7 4 157 03-23-2024, 04:35 PM
Last Post: croc297
  Oscar not saving some imported data jrich2k7 1 415 11-24-2023, 02:44 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Session Preferences srlevine1 0 426 10-24-2023, 07:30 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  F12/Take Screenshot Not Saving Screenshot under Linux? DigitalMan43 4 669 09-30-2023, 05:04 PM
Last Post: DigitalMan43
  A simple fix for OSCAR and Daylight Saving time credibleHulk 1 934 03-13-2023, 06:34 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
Question OSCAR Oximetry Preferences - Pulse Change Events - How Re-apply to Existing Data? DavidEsp 2 620 02-17-2023, 05:16 PM
Last Post: DavidEsp
  Saving a Graph Setup? StratCat48 3 553 08-12-2022, 04:55 PM
Last Post: GuyScharf

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.