Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Daily seal cleaning
RE: Daily seal cleaning
I have been using dawn ultra but I really haven't paid much attention to the different types of dawn . I just don't want scented soap. I guess I should look at them closer. if you think it may be too strong then premix some drops in a plastic tub to wash your masks.
I have to wash my glasses 5 to 6 times a day to get face oil off them , this heat makes it bad. I just had one eye surgery completed for new lens the other eye will be done by sept. Then I hope only sunglasses will be needed.
That's how I got started with dawn-- cleaning glasses.
I have noticed different labeling at times but I will look closer. I use it in my garden to keep ants out of the pots and pill bugs out of the mulch . They say it kills ants. I know it stopped my ant problem .
You will find that once you clean oil off and use a mask liner there will be very little oil on mask and cushions . It absorbs it and moisture ,feels good and mask doesn't slide much on your face when you toss and turn . Then it is easier to clean .
Hope you have as good results.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dawn Ultra works great for mask cleaning. It hasn't shortened the life of my mask, which has lasted an unusually long time. I got a year out of my last mask cushion. I gave up on it because it eventually picked up a sweaty odor that I couldn't get rid of, but it was still working well with minimal leaks. I also use baking soda and Control III disinfectant to clean it, sequentially, not mixed together. I can't stand a dirty mask, although I use a mask wipe about half the time since I think daily cleaning is overkill.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dawn Ultra does a fine job - I never dilute it. What you want to avoid is any dishwashing liquid with moisturizers in them. Quite a few of the dishwashing liquids on the shelf at the store have hand lotions and stuff in them - these are what you want to steer clear of.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  cleaning CPAP tube sleepingbetterinFl 6 220 03-14-2024, 10:34 AM
Last Post: apnea505
  [Equipment] ResMed Airtouch F20 Cushion cleaning with drool problems. Funkmonkey 2 169 03-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Funkmonkey
Money cleaning thread? TinyBubbles 19 7,790 02-27-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Frankiboy
  One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning Davebr60 0 182 02-26-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Davebr60
  New User - Mask Seal Error WJ5596 6 333 02-12-2024, 02:57 PM
Last Post: WJ5596
  Cleaning CPAP & AirTouch F20 Mask PoutinePrincess 2 342 02-10-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Using cleaning brushes in heated tubing TiredTom111 9 606 01-29-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.