Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Daily seal cleaning
I have been using dawn ultra but I really haven't paid much attention to the different types of dawn . I just don't want scented soap. I guess I should look at them closer. if you think it may be too strong then premix some drops in a plastic tub to wash your masks.
I have to wash my glasses 5 to 6 times a day to get face oil off them , this heat makes it bad. I just had one eye surgery completed for new lens the other eye will be done by sept. Then I hope only sunglasses will be needed.
That's how I got started with dawn-- cleaning glasses.
I have noticed different labeling at times but I will look closer. I use it in my garden to keep ants out of the pots and pill bugs out of the mulch . They say it kills ants. I know it stopped my ant problem .
You will find that once you clean oil off and use a mask liner there will be very little oil on mask and cushions . It absorbs it and moisture ,feels good and mask doesn't slide much on your face when you toss and turn . Then it is easier to clean .
Hope you have as good results.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dawn Ultra works great for mask cleaning. It hasn't shortened the life of my mask, which has lasted an unusually long time. I got a year out of my last mask cushion. I gave up on it because it eventually picked up a sweaty odor that I couldn't get rid of, but it was still working well with minimal leaks. I also use baking soda and Control III disinfectant to clean it, sequentially, not mixed together. I can't stand a dirty mask, although I use a mask wipe about half the time since I think daily cleaning is overkill.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dawn Ultra does a fine job - I never dilute it. What you want to avoid is any dishwashing liquid with moisturizers in them. Quite a few of the dishwashing liquids on the shelf at the store have hand lotions and stuff in them - these are what you want to steer clear of.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed S9 repairs? Cleaning? Parts? kyork 13 293 10-10-2017, 03:30 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  One week in but have cleaning questions. Waldorbigbill 32 1,656 10-09-2017, 01:00 AM
Last Post: mrsmagoo
  Cleaning Climate-control tube on ResMed Air Sense 10 GL Bishop 29 18,774 08-26-2017, 04:26 PM
Last Post: jsapper55
  Can CPAP machine cause sinus or inner ear infection? During daily regular use. ran-man 4 493 07-20-2017, 05:45 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  [CPAP] cleaning an old Respironics REMStarPlus with mildew in it cstrouss 4 293 07-15-2017, 06:43 PM
Last Post: cstrouss
  Rib pain and daily headaches, suspect shallow breathing. anjmur 9 469 07-05-2017, 12:48 AM
Last Post: ajack
  [Equipment] Vendor that sells just the seal for ResMed AirSense Humidifier? Alameth 9 615 06-03-2017, 02:24 PM
Last Post: CB91710