Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Daily sleep report on Aircurve ASV
Daily sleep report on Aircurve ASV
I recently changed machines from a ResMed Airsense 10 to a ResMed Aircurve ASV. The daily sleep report on the Airsense 10 gives the AHI, duration of sleep, and a smiley face for the leaks. The Aircurve just gives the duration of sleep, a smiley face for the leaks, and a smiley face for the humidifier, which is not really very helpful. In order to get the night's AHI I have to go into the clinical menu and then scroll to sleep report. Could anyone tell me how to get the preceding night's AHI without going into the clinical menu?

Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Daily sleep report on Aircurve ASV
Hi Heartman,
Welcome to Apnea Board!

You will have to change the setting in the Clinicians Menu.

Go to Options, Scroll down to Essentials.  Be sure Plus is checked.

Now when you check the sleep report in the patient menu, you should see more information below the silly happy faces without going into the Clinicians menu.

I'm going by the menu selections on my AirCurve VAuto.  The menu should be similar on the ASV.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
"You will have to change the setting in the Clinicians Menu.

Go to Options, Scroll down to Essentials.  Be sure Plus is checked.

Now when you check the sleep report in the patient menu, you should see more information below the silly happy faces without going into the Clinicians menu.

I'm going by the menu selections on my AirCurve VAuto.  The menu should be similar on the ASV. "

Thank you - I'll try it tonight!
Post Reply Post Reply
Heart man, you should really be using OSCAR to see how therapy is going with the ASV. There is a world of information you won’t see any other way.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-27-2020, 01:07 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Heart man, you should really be using OSCAR to see how therapy is going with the ASV. There is a world of information you won’t see any other way.

Sleeprider - I do use OSCAR but sometimes in the morning before I leave for work I don't have time to load the data into my computer before running off to work.  I just like to see what my score was quickly in the morning before leaving for the day. I was using FlashPap to transfer the data from my machine to my computer, but for some reason it hasn't been working recently and I need to take the SD card out, put it in a card reader, and then plug it into my computer - too time-consuming before heading out for the morning commute Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
The ASV is so good your score will be less than 1 every day (if setup aporpriately) and you will get bored looking
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-27-2020, 04:22 PM)jaswilliams Wrote: The ASV is so good your score will be less than 1 every day (if setup aporpriately) and you will get bored looking

Jaswilliams - I have had good scores including some 0 AHI (attached), but not uniformly.  Some nights are unexpectedly high.   My current settings are:

ASV auto:    Min EPAP 9.6      Max EPAP 15.0       PS min 4.0    PS Max 14.0

Last night, for instance, is posted below:

I wonder if there are some settings I should adjust to get more consistent low AHI nights.

Any recommendations would be appreciated

Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
Is it just a consistently low AHI you want or are there poor comfort areas you want to address?

If it's the numbers, I can't suggest any changes. If something is hindering comfort or other symptom/issue then we might suggest a revisit on the settings.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-27-2020, 08:42 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Is it just a consistently low AHI you want or are there poor comfort areas you want to address?

If it's the numbers, I can't suggest any changes. If something is hindering comfort or other symptom/issue then we might suggest a revisit on the settings.

SarcasticDave94 - I would like to get my daily AHI score as low as possible to avoid the adverse health consequences of sleep apnea - similar to trying to control cholesterol and blood pressure as well as possible. I tend to wake up every 1-3 hours throughout the night, often right after a dream, even when my scores are low. "Sleep fragmentation" may be responsible from what I've read rather than sleep apnea.
Post Reply Post Reply
I understand and respect the reasoning. OK in whatever time period you want a week, month, etc., even from the beginning of ASV use. Has the AHI been over 5? I'm using this number as that's the medically accepted as treated number. Here at AB we try for less than 3 if possible and in a consistent basis. Have you attained either? If yes, I would say that is more than satisfactory for health reasonings given by you. An AHI of 0 is difficult to attain consistently and with maintaining maximum comfort.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with new AirCurve 10 VAuto Settings aubreyjs 6 129 4 hours ago
Last Post: aubreyjs
  Does Aircurve 10 Vauto record events and flow limits during ramp mode? SingleH 3 36 5 hours ago
Last Post: SingleH
  [Equipment] Bag for Aircurve 10 without humidifier? melbell 2 111 04-15-2024, 09:09 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
Smile Alan's New ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto Came Today! Deborah K. 20 1,001 04-14-2024, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Aircurve 10 Vauto ANTIKATE 5 163 04-14-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Rant and AirCurve 10 vs AirCurve 11 question Whacked 17 700 04-14-2024, 05:29 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Aircurve 10 or 11 replacement Shamus54 8 225 04-11-2024, 09:12 PM
Last Post: SakimaStorm

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.