Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dalemazkour - Therapy Help
RE: Dalemazkour - Therapy Help
Thanks for the info I just ordered the arbors medium mask and headgear. One thing I have noticed is that having magnets the f20 come off at times during the night. Maybe the clip system will be better in keeping it on. Also just got the pillow and collar. That collar is going to take some getting use to for sure. lol

I meant the P&K mask you recommended. Darn spell check
Post Reply Post Reply
I ordered the wrong mask holder to go with the P&K mask. So mad I didn’t realize as Amazon groups all this stuff together like buy these together. lol
I had 30 AHI with the new settings so I am going back to 4-27 settings until I get the new mask head gear. It said I averaged in 3.4 episodes an hour on that date. Also my mask seal was good last night for the 2.5 hours I could tolerate but the exhale was a struggle or shall I say uncomfortable.
Post Reply Post Reply
Baby steps. It takes time to get the apnoea beastie under some reasonable level of control…

I have ordered the wrong equipment many times. Returned what I could, donated what I could not.
Post Reply Post Reply
So I am still waiting on my new mask to arrive but have been trying to play with the settings and one day I will be at 45 AHI and then last night switched the settings again and was less than 10.  I tried ro organize and shrink the Oscar data tables to fit in a screenshot but having a hard time with the left side not sure how to consolidate that side to reduce so you can see all of it on one image.  Let me know if you would change anything based on last night.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I cannot help with the technical side of formatting. It took me weeks to get it right. Maybe someone more technical can help.

With the leaks and flow limitations, it is difficult to manage the apnoea’s. You need to get those under control before things will improve.

There is not much we can do for the leaks short of mouth tape and/or soft cervical collar. For the flow limitations we can either wait for you to get the leaks under control or try something like the following:

EPAP min 6
IPAP max 25
PS 8

I am hoping that the new mask and use of a flatter pillow with mouth tape and/or SCC will help resolve the leaks and FL’s. If they do not help a visit to an ENT may be of value to see if there is something going on physically causing the FL’s.

Thanks for the patience and willingness to try things out. I know how frustrating this can be.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dalemazkour - If you stretch the let side to be wide enough so each parameter fits on one line, you will get more lines displayed.  This will shorten the graphs a little, but not of any significance.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Went to sleep doctor on Wednesday and he said that anything under 13 AHI is fine given what I was at prior. He said my oxygen saturation levels are extremely low so I added a T Tube with an o2 concentrator set at 2 liters.  I was curious if you guys find this data better and also been trying to tighten the mask a little more for leaks.  I did try the other mask recommended from Vitera and wasn't a big fan so this data is with the medium resmed F20 mask. Let me know your thoughts if you would change anything. I am waking up with extremely dry mouth but AHI is better than earlier this week.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I am very glad you saw the sleep doctor and that he found your O2 issues. Hopefully that helps you feel a bit better. Note that an AHI of 13 is still unacceptable. We want it 5 or less and preferably less than 2.

I go back to my recommendation a few posts back.

Mode VPAPauto
EPAP min 6
IPAP max 25
PS 8

Even with pressure 6-16 with PS 4 or 6 you still are having significant OA and H events, flow limitations, and snoring. You need more pressure. With more pressure support it should hopefully be more comfortable, which is why I suggest trying PS 8.

You may be a candidate for an ASV, but we need those more knowledgeable in that space to chime in their advice. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the information I will try tonight. Also, I was told on the ASV that you have to have central sleep apnea for insurance to approve it. I’ve asked the doctor a couple times now about it. Maybe there’s a second opinion I can get from another Doctor Who would order it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm not seeing what the ASV can help with here. Others might find something. CA don't look too terribly bad. The absence of all timing controls hinders the ASV more.

Leaks however are a big issue.

I used the F20 for almost a year, never getting leaks under control. And bad news, is you're likely going tighter to fix and actually making leaks worse. It's going to crush and flatten the cushion. Besides it'll make it very uncomfortable or painful to wear.

The Fisher and Paykel Vitera you mentioned was my best mask while using an ASV. It needs worn loose, and if an F20 medium fits, you'll maybe need large on the Vitera. Pay attention to the lower lip seal and the nasal bridge on the Vitera.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] sleepybighead Therapy Thread sleepybighead 4 110 Yesterday, 11:55 AM
Last Post: Dormeo
Wink hwnboy therapy thread hwnboy 42 1,082 05-17-2024, 01:02 PM
Last Post: hwnboy
  Jobien therapy thread jobien 1 110 05-17-2024, 07:36 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Treatment] Tbrock8905 - Therapy Thread Tbrock8905 31 503 05-16-2024, 05:45 PM
Last Post: Tbrock8905
  Shadowknight - Therapy Analysis Shadowknight 8 255 05-16-2024, 04:05 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  NewlyDiagnosed therapy thread NewlyDiagnosed 56 1,531 05-16-2024, 02:43 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  burps216 Therapy Thread burps216 6 153 05-16-2024, 11:42 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.